We are looking for a Cloud Architect to join our Team in Northern Ireland.
We are looking for a forward-thinking Cloud Architect to help enable the delivery of a Well-Architected Serverless SaaS Architecture for our end-to-end software platform. Enabling and empowering our high-performance teams with AWS best practices and enabling guardrails (Well-Architected framework, Multi Account best practices, Organisations, Service control policies, AWS config rules, cloud architecture patterns, and more).
Globalization Partners’ automated, AI-enabled global employment platform, designed by our technical teams and powered by our worldwide HR experts, enables our customers to hire, onboard, and manage the best talent they can find, anywhere in the world.
With diverse teams all around the world, our people are the heartbeat of the company and the reason why Globalization Partners is a fun and inclusive place to work. We encourage and support personal growth and career development, trust our team members with the autonomy to do their best work, and believe in recognition for a job well done.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for automation, is a deep innovator, and wants to solve complex problems. Your knowledge and experience will be crucial to design and develop high performing cloud-based software products using traditional Agile methodologies and modern frameworks.
Did we mention you can experience all of this while working remotely? As a remote-first employer, we value your experience and skills more than where you are located. Join our collaborative work environment where you can make a real impact and love the work you’re doing!
We are a remote first company and open to this role being fully remote from anywhere in Northern Ireland.
What you will do:
- Create and drive the execution of target-state Well Architected Serverless SaaS Architecture for our end-to-end software platform
- Enable and empower teams with AWS best practices and enabling guardrails (Well Architected framework, Multi Account best practices, Organisations, Service control policies, AWS config rules, cloud architecture patterns, etc)
- Partner with Cloud Engineering to deliver platform-as-a-service to engineering teams across the organization
- Work closely with InfoSec to ensure a security-first mentality in engineering discipline
- Define and execute software platform security standards and compliance across all components to ensure against unwanted platform and data breaches
- Drive architecture consistency and technology decisions across all platform components to harmonize integration, maximize reuse and align investment with customer expectations and technology vision
- Perform a hands-on role, where you will work with a subset of engineers to assist their delivery of proof-of-concepts in Java/Spring, Node/Typescript, or other platform/languages as needed
- Partner with customers (internal / external), business operations & support, engineering, and product to become a trusted customer advocate for platform development and implementation.
- Be the sounding board for validating and introducing new technologies, including 3rd-party applications, open-source solutions
- Understand Total Cost of Ownership & technology trade-offs
- Evangelize and educate engineering team on best practices for delivering world class software solution
- Create an environment of accountability for reaching team/project goals
- Assume deep business knowledge of area or areas aligned
- Ensure System & Infrastructure architecture results in high reliability and low outages as key measure of success
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years of experience driving architectural and design decisions at software-centric companies
- 2+ years of experience in AWS cloud operations and infrastructure
- A self-motivated, strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to thrive in an unstructured and often ambiguous environment
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written, with various levels of the organization
- Ability to conceptualize, design and validate creative solutions to complex technical issues
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and proficiently understand new architectures and designs
- Ability to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions
- Effective communicator who gains buy-in for architecture and design ideas and technical leadership
- Forward thinker with the ability to make current decisions with future considerations in mind, planning ways to prevent future tech-debt or inhibiting long term development
- A proactive advocate for continuous improvement, developer enablement and engineering excellence
- Ability to create a climate that promotes experimentation and new ideas
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided