Patreon is the best place for creators to build memberships by providing exclusive access to their work and a deeper connection with their communities. We’re building a content and community platform where creators can engage directly with their fans and monetize their creativity, while maintaining full ownership over the work they make and the communities they create.
We’re leaders in the membership space with 250,000+ active creators and over $3.5 billion paid directly to creators on our platform. Our team is building tools to optimize the creator-to-fan relationship, including native video, enhanced podcasting features, improved creation tools, and new community experiences. We’re continuing to invest heavily in building the most talented team in the Creator Economy and are looking for an Engineering Manager, Cloud Security to support our mission.
This role is US based remote friendly, preference for San Francisco or New York City based candidates.
About the Role
At Patreon, we deal with some of the most sensitive data such as patrons’ payment methods, creators’ financial information to process payouts, along with several other bits of personal information from patrons and creators alike. We process over a billion dollars annually. Our security team takes on the responsibility of protecting and safeguarding this data, and making sure these transactions proceed without being tampered with.
What You'll Do
- Lead an existing team of security engineers focused on executing Patreon’s highest impact security initiatives.
- Design, Architect and implement solutions to strengthen our infrastructure and corporate security posture.
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders, and cross functional peers such as product, design, finance, legal to craft a roadmap for your team.
- Attract and retain a high-performing team with the highest tier of technical talent.
- Be the standard bearer for security at Patreon.
- Coach and mentor engineers to grow their career.
- Be an advocate and represent your team’s work in company-wide forums
- Contribute to shaping overall engineering and security culture at the company
- Participate in company-wide hiring activities such as recruiting, interviewing, and closing top candidates.
- Prior experience as a tech lead manager or manager of an infrastructure security or application security team.
- Deeply technical and able to deep dive into technical issues as needed.
- Proven expert in the security domain with good knowledge of state of the art tools, and most commonly exploited attack vectors.
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills with the ability to lead through influence
- Proven ability to work across different functions and being able to adjust communication according to the intended audience.
- Passionate about building a world class engineering culture and passionate about contributing to the larger team outside their own.
Who You'll Work With
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon powers creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love what they do. Our team is passionate about making this mission and our core values come to life every day in our work. Through this work, our Patronauts:
- Put Creators First | They’re the reason we’re here. When creators win, we win.
- Build with Craft | We sign our name to every deliverable, just like the creators we serve.
- Make it Happen | We don’t quit. We learn and deliver.
- Win Together | We grow as individuals. We win as a team.
Patreon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Patreon offers a competitive benefits package including and not limited to salary, equity plans, healthcare, unlimited paid time off, company holidays and recharge days, commuter benefits, lifestyle stipends, learning and development stipends, patronage, parental leave, and 401k plan with matching.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided