We value inclusivity and diversity at Envato. Research shows candidates from neurodiverse and underrepresented backgrounds often only apply for roles if they meet all the criteria. We like to make our hiring decisions based on experience and passion, so if you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments please let us know. We also encourage you to let us know the pronouns you use at any point during the recruitment process.
As Envato continues to grow, so does our ability to find new and expanded opportunities to offer value, support, and inspiration to digital creatives worldwide. With Placeit, Envato provides the tools, tips, and tricks many creatives, marketers and small business owners need to bring their ideas to life. Placeit counts companies such as Google, Facebook, and Oracle as their paying customers, and has over 180,000 subscribers worldwide.
We are a global and rapidly scaling business. Blending purpose and profit, we're a passionate B Corp, committed to making a positive impact on the communities we engage in. You can read more about our purpose and values here
We’ve embraced flexibility for a long time - where we can, let’s make work, work for you! We have an amazing office in the Colonia Americana
neighborhood in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico; but our roles can be based ANYWHERE in Mexico (that has a great internet connection).
Our DevOps Team is dedicated to managing the cloud infrastructure, security and operations of Placeit. We aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves and get our hands dirty. We’re looking for teammates who are just as passionate about solving issues with distributed systems as they are about automating, coding and collaborating to solve problems with our mix of cloud native (Kubernetes) and traditional cloud systems.
Right now, we are looking for an experienced DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer to work with our team of cloud specialists.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
● Ensure the high availability of the Placeit site, apps and infrastructure
● Maintain, Improve, design and implement cloud infrastructure that follows security and high availability best practices
● Build software and automation to gather the appropriate telemetry from the core jobs and infrastructure
● Review architectural changes and evaluate risks so the platform can transition into the desired state.
● Communicate findings/concerns related to the architecture to the technical lead so it can be prioritized accordingly
● Implement pipelines to automate the process and help the team deliver code to production faster and in a safe way
● Communicate with other squads to provide technical advice and help shape ideas so they can be implemented in a cost efficient manner
● Support engineering teams to resolve issues around infrastructure and its availability for feature development
● Work with external consultants (when needed) to ensure that Placeit’s next-generation infrastructure is implementing best practices and avoiding anti-patterns
● Communicate with vendors and account management teams at our cloud providers (AWS, Azure & GCP) when required
● Team player on an Agile team, working together to keep delivering at pace, scale and with demanded quality to support our products
Required Technical Skills/Experience
● Excellent English in both written and verbal communication
● 5+ years of proven work experience as a DevOps / SRE or similar role within companies that provide critical, high-availability services
● Excellent collaboration and communication skills
● Deep knowledge of SRE tools and how to apply them to monitoring 3rd party services
● 3+ years working with AWS and first-hand experience operating the following services in production: Application Load Balancer (ALB), Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), AWS Networking, Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Simple Storage Service (S3), Kubernetes (EKS), Elastic Container Service (ECS), Relational Database Service (RDS), Elastic File System (EFS), Elastic Block Storage (EBS)
Working knowledge of a container runtime like Docker or Podman
● Knowledge of Kubernetes. AWS EKS is a plus. CKA is a powerup
● Working with Unix/Linux - Ubuntu or similar environments
● Experience with Nginx Server
● Hands-on experience with Terraform
● Fluency with one or more current-generation scripting languages used by DevOps professionals (Python, PHP, Ruby)
● Nice to have, but not required
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect, desired
- AWS Fargate
- AWS Lambda
- AWS API Gateway
- Working knowledge of GCP and Azure services
Required Professional Competencies/Experience
● Analysis/Problem Solving
● Business Awareness
● Quality orientation
● Empower others
● Learning/Life long learner
● Interpersonal Effectiveness
What we offer
Competitive Salary based on qualifications
● 30 days - Christmas Bonus
● 12 vacation days (from the first year)
● 100% holidays bonus
● Private Health Insurance (SGMM)
● 5% Grocery Coupons (With legal cap)
● 5% Savings Funds (Fondo de Ahorro)
● Internet/electricity allowance (monthly paid)
● Quarterly Profit-share.
● Round trip tickets around Mexico to a place you haven’t been twice a year.
● Unlimited ebooks
● Paid for educational courses that relate to your work
● Topline equipment
Submit your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!
- We’re BCorp certified & believe in succeeding sustainably as one global team.
- We’re committed to ensuring all our team feel welcome, included, and respected.
- We support the flexibility to work from anywhere in Mexico, great benefits above the law, generous parental leave, wellness programs, social connection and learning opportunities to help you grow.
Envato is proud to be a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to respond to every applicant.