Join SADA as a Senior Program Manager!
As a Senior Program Manager at SADA, you will oversee the engagement between SADA and our largest revenue clients as they migrate to Google Cloud. You will lead the planning and coordination of complex engineering engagements alongside senior client stakeholders and the best cloud engineers on the planet at Google and SADA. Your large deal experience will also help shape the direction of program deployment at SADA, a 2020 Google Cloud Partner of the Year.
The ideal candidate will be confident, communicative, energetic, creative, enthusiastic, intelligent, analytical, and eager to take on the ownership and responsibility of multi million dollar external client engagements. SADA is a prime environment if you enjoy working in a fast-paced organization and participating in a creative, exciting, fun, and teamwork-oriented environment. SADA is exploding with growth and opportunity; we are looking for those who want to grow with SADA for the long term in a dynamic, service-oriented technical environment.
Primary Duties Include:
- Responsible for the full end to end delivery of Google Cloud programs for external clients, inclusive of both Google Cloud Platform and Workspace product offerings. This includes program planning, resource management, delivery, stakeholder management, governance, communications, risk management, change management, and retrospectives.
- Written and verbal communications with stakeholders (SADA, Google and client) at all organizational levels - C-suite through cubicle-level.
- Partner with and sometimes facilitate meetings with internal functions such as sales, solution architecture, technical account management, customer success and finops to align on program requirements, respond to changing client needs, and escalate to executive leadership as needed.
- Participate in pre-sales activities such as proposal development, due diligence, deal structuring, and client presentations.
- Work collaboratively with peers and leadership in the PMO for status updates, issues, risks, decisions, and change requests.
- Take on full P&L responsibility for programs including budgets and on time delivery of client payment schedules.
- Manage client and Google expectations and provide exceptional delivery of critical workstreams.
- Lead and motivate project teams and oversee engineers, architects and project managers across many different disciplines such as Infrastructure Modernization, Data Engineering and Application Development.
- Effectively manage multiple project teams, including other project managers, in support of a single client.
- Support project managers in the development of detailed project plans and ongoing delivery of their projects/workstreams. Need to be well versed in waterfall and agile methodologies, and may need to play role of scrum master as needed.
- Be a change agent - help SADA evolve the PMO Center of Excellence and make lasting, effective change to the entire delivery organization by assessing lessons learned and incorporating into the PMO delivery model
Pathway to Success
#BeOneStepAhead: Be prepared, work with intentional effort and offer no surprises for our clients and teammates.
Your success starts by positively impacting the direction of a fast-growing practice with vision and passion. You will be measured quarterly by the breadth, magnitude, and quality of your contributions, your ability to meet quantitative measurements of success, customer feedback at the close of projects and at critical milestones, how well you collaborate with your peers, and the consultative polish you bring to customer interactions.
As you continue to execute successfully, we will build a customized development plan together that leads you through the individual contributor or management growth tracks.
Required Travel - 20-30% travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, travel has been temporarily restricted.
Customer Facing - As the program lead of high budget programs, you will interact with customers on a daily basis throughout common touch points as qualifying potential opportunities, at project kickoff, throughout the engagement as progress is managed and communicated, and at program close. You can expect to interact with a range of customer stakeholders, including engineers, technical project managers, and executives.
Training - Ongoing with first-week orientation at HQ followed by a 90-day onboarding schedule. Details of the timeline can be shared. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, travel to HQ has been temporarily restricted.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum 8 years program management experience in a technical/engineering/software dev environment.
- Experience managing teams of engineers and project managers.
- Solid understanding of SDLC, various advanced project delivery methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, etc).
- Strong business acumen, problem solving and analytical/reasoning skills
- Iron-clad organizational skills including expert use of RAID logs, RACI matrices, and other project artifacts
- Adept with productivity and collaboration tools such as Jira/Smartsheets, Confluence, Chat/Slack and Presentations/Powerpoint.
- Positive attitude towards change, ability to adapt, and comfort in being 100% transparent on project health
- Professional cloud computing experience
- Cloud computing technical training or certification, e.g. Google Professional Cloud Architect, Google Digital Leader, Google Professional Collaboration Engineer
- IT consulting experience.
- Experience delivering and managing GCP and/or other public cloud projects.
- Project Management Training or Certification, e.g. PMP, PgMP
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and/or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certifications.
- MBA or equivalent
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided