To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects millions of all-sized businesses and job seekers through innovative mobile, web, and email services, as well as through partnerships with the best job boards on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
Summary/About the Job:
We are seeking an engineer with a focus on analyzing and optimizing the cost, utilization, and efficiency of our cloud resources. This role is a part of our infrastructure SRE team; they will partner primarily with teams throughout our Engineering organization, with some collaboration with Product and Finance.
We focus on building self-serve systems that allow our teams to act independently. The purpose for this position is not to be a gatekeeper of resources, but to enable teams to make informed decisions, while providing guidance on possible designs and patterns.
Ideal candidates will have a solid understanding of modern SRE and devops practices along with strong analytical abilities and applied skills in gathering, processing, analyzing, and visualizing data.
- Research, analyze, and communicate resource cost and utilization patterns from disparate data sources.
- Navigate different layers of abstraction, tying together information as concrete as bytes on disk and as abstract as user-visible product features.
- Build tools and interfaces to make such information transparent and accessible without toil.
- Collaborate with our Engineering, Product, and Finance teams to educate and enable good decision-making.
- Influence teams and drive behavior toward best practices and efficient use of resources.
- 1+ years experience as an SRE or SWE
- Familiarity with tools such as AWS Cost Explorer, kubecost
- Ability to code in python or golang
- Ability to perform data analysis using sql and notebook environments such as jupyter
- Strong and versatile communication skills, whether working with individual engineers or company executives
As part of our team you'll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided