Cloud Architect - Google Cloud InfraMod
This role is based remotely in the United Kingdom or Ireland.
Who We Are
DoiT is scaling rapidly as we work with fast-growing, digitally savvy companies around the world, helping them harness public cloud technology and services to achieve big goals.
Committed to solving both essential and advanced cloud challenges, DoiT provides intelligent technology to simplify and automate cloud use, alongside expert consultancy and unlimited technical support. Our technology portfolio is backed by deep multi-cloud expertise and includes valuable optimization, analytics, and governance tools and capabilities.
A strategic partner and reseller of Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services with multiple consecutive awards for partner of the year, DoiT operates across more than 70 countries to support thousands of global customers. For more information, visit doit-intl.com.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced GCP InfraMod Cloud Architect to join our team. As Google Cloud InfraMod Architect, you will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of the company's cloud infrastructure on the GCP platform. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that the infrastructure is optimized for performance, cost, and security.
- Help our customers design and implement and troubleshoot scalable and secure solutions on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) using InfraMod technologies, such as Google Compute Engine, Google Cloud Networking (VPC/VPN/LB) , and Google Cloud Security tools (IAM/Firewall/Secuirty Command Center).
- Work closely with clients to understand their business requirements and provide technical guidance and best practices for building and deploying GCP-based infrastructure.
- Collaborate with clients teams, including software engineers, cloud operations, project managers, and business stakeholders, to help them deliver successful projects on time and within their budget.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest GCP technologies and provide thought leadership on how to leverage them to benefit clients.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for GCP-based infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in software development, with a strong focus on building and deploying infrastructure on GCP.
- In-depth knowledge of InfraMod technologies, including Google Compute Engine, Google Cloud Networking (VPC/VPN/LB) , and Google Cloud Security tools (IAM/Firewall/Organization).
- Experience with other GCP services, such as Google Cloud Storage, Google BigQuery, and Google Cloud Functions.
- Experience troubleshooting Linux machines (e.g., system resource management, storage and file systems, network configuration, and so on)
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience working in a consulting or professional services environment.
- Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect certification.
- Familiarity with other cloud platforms, such as AWS or Azure.
- A programming background with shell scripts and one or more of the following: Java, Ruby, Python, Go, or Rust
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible Working Options
- Health Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Home Office Allowance
- Professional Development Stipend
- Peer Recognition Program
We offer you the opportunity to be your truest self.
We believe what sets us apart is you. DoiT is an organization where everyone is welcome and respected for their unique perspectives and experiences they bring as individuals to enhance our team. We want you to reach your full potential; we provide an annual stipend to help fund your professional development.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided