The goal of a DevSecOps Engineer is to proactively identify and help mitigate technical risk in all software pipelines within BitMEX. They will achieve this through a strong partnership with DevOps, with a combination of security gate implementation & management, security control administration and overall reporting while working closely with DevOps, alongside the Detection & Response, AppSec and Infrastructure Security teams.
Design and implement secure automation solutions for development, testing, and production environments
- Collaborate with Product Management and Architects to contribute to the roadmaps of CI/CD Pipeline
- Implement security controls, best practices and configuration management
- Hands-on contributor and code reviewer on DevSecOps related projects
- Employ infrastructure as code paradigm to increase automation, scalability, and reliability
- Perform technology watch related to industry trends and best practices.
- Maintains extensive knowledge of state-of-the-art principles, theories, and practices around all things software-related. Identifies and recommends long-term technologies of relevant company interest and proposes long-term development strategy on cutting-edge trends and developments in area of expertise.
- 10+ years of security industry experience, with minimum 2 years in a DevSecOps role.
- Experience building tools for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment systems. Familiarity with DevSecOps principles for integrating security solutions in products like Jenkins, Helm, ArgoCD.
- Proven experience and understanding of security principles across infrastructure platforms, data layers, integration points, and application layers.
- Demonstrated experience architecting and developing security solutions during the secure software development lifecycle program or secure lifecycle improvement efforts and managing large scale projects to completion.
- Adapt to evolving security and business priorities quickly and effectively. Loves new technological challenges and excels at solving them.
- Modern infrastructure and application development experience using public cloud primitives. You should be familiar with kubernetes, serverless architecture and infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform, Ansible, Chef.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes DNS how it interacts with external DNS servers.
- End to end troubleshooting experience.
Good to have
- Common security certifications such as GSEC, CEH, CISSP, CCSP, or CCSK.
- Good understanding of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- Technical understanding of management implementations for identity like MFA, 2SV, SAML, OAuth.
- Experience with Prometheus/Thanos, Graphite, Fluentd.
- Experience with data templating languages like Jsonnet or related a plus.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided