Dark Wolf Solutions is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our pack. The successful candidate will be an integral part of a growing team of engineers designing and maintaining a network of systems running custom-built software. This system is a distributed ‘on-prem’ hardware/software stack but is in the process of being transitioned to a cloud service provider. Dark Wolf is looking for a skilled candidate with experience developing cloud infrastructure and automated data storage and processing, ingestion of 3rd party data sets and building programmatic interfaces for use by external customers.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing cloud-based solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environment including managed services such as S3, Lambda, EC2, RDS, SNS, and SQS.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining infrastructure-as-code and deploying to developer and production environments via AWS CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in Linux environments.
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise cloud tool development.
- Demonstrated experience using Python and common libraries for data manipulation, unit testing, and interacting with cloud services.
- Demonstrated experience designing and maintaining Python-based websites using the Django web framework.
- Demonstrated experience writing and working with software written in C and Python.
- Demonstrated experience with extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes including manipulating, cleaning, and normalizing diverse data types.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Linux on both the command line and in a graphical environment.
- Demonstrated ability to transition traditional non-cloud software to a cloud based environment
- Demonstrated experience with adding custom features as designed by a GFI.
- Demonstrated experience writing shell scripts such as bash.
- Demonstrated experience providing information for Assessment & Authorization (A&A) tasks.
- Demonstrated experience writing and maintaining code and system documentation such as wiki’s and formal documentation such as System Design Document and Privileged User Guide.
- Demonstrated experience using the GIT version control system.
- Demonstrated experience communicating with enterprise teams to coordinate integration.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating with external contractors to deploy and integrate their applications into secure cloud environment.
- US Citizenship with Top Secret Security Clearance with polygraph
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience with networking, routing, and configuration of virtual private networks.
- Demonstrated experience with cross domain data transfer solutions.
- Demonstrated experience with software system design and integration.
- Demonstrated experience with data science techniques and visualization methods.
- Demonstrated experience with the Enterprise cloud development tools.
- Demonstrated experience with the security accreditation processes, procedures, and requirements.
This position is located in Chantilly, VA.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided