Candy’s mission is to deepen our interaction with experiences that bring us joy. As fans. As collectors. As people creating lives, we’re passionate about living. We know that relationship because we’ve chased it since we were kids. We are unapologetic fans and momentous collectors who see limitless possibilities in the digital revolution that’s disrupting – more like exploding – the way we engage and experience our favorite sports, music, art, and cultural icons.
We know the passion of being a die-hard fan and the need for the experience beyond the bleachers. We’re building a fully immersive storefront where fans can not only buy, sell, and trade their digital assets, but also experience a fully immersive marketplace that gives our users enablement beyond imagination with their digital assets.
- Michael Rubin- Founder & CEO of Fanatics & Philadelphia 76ers co-owner
- Mike Novogratz - CEO of Galaxy Digital, Pioneer Investor
- Gary Vaynerchuk- CEO of VaynerMedia, Social Media Entrepreneur
SO YOU WANT TO JOIN CANDY?
We are looking for a Staff DevOps SEngineer at Candy who will be joining a group of passionate innovators responsible for the "backbone" of our product and an integral piece of our platform. You will be tasked with building services and automating processes to enable the broader organization to optimize for both speed and quality. You will partner closely with senior engineers, architects, and development teams to address cross-cutting concerns. You will work in a fast-paced environment, maintaining a healthy sense of urgency, and continually improving engineering processes and optimizing for quality and efficiency. You are eager to learn and "solve the hard problems".
We are searching for creative minds that are excited to take on difficulties in the immediate while providing vision to the future. We want builders, innovators, and those that can not only think outside the box, but collaborate outside the box.
AS OUR MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, YOU WILL...
- Write highly-maintainable, performant code
- Implement and maintain custom tools, quality gates, and services
- Maintain a high-degree of ownership and transparency
- Work closely with engineering leadership and architects to deliver high-quality solutions
- Proactively identify and implement process improvements for the way we write, test, deploy, and monitor code
- Participate in component-level architectural design and code reviews
- Automate unit and integration tests within a CI/CD pipeline
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
WHO ARE YOU?
- 5+ years of experience in an account support type role, ideally focused in sports, media, and/or popular culture
- Straight forward problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- A growth mindset
- Previous financial services or start-up experience
- An ease at presenting your work and explaining design decisions
- A love of sports, collectibles, blockchain & crypto, and/or collectibles!
You’ll Love Working here because...
- Our People. You will be working with the top players who are the most enterprising, fun, encouraging, and innovative heads and teams. Aka, people you can be proud to work with!
- Our Mission. We believe that we are building something great and that the finest things we create will make the world a better place. Our goal is to deepen our relationship through experiences to fans and collectors globally.
- Perks. Our team-based culture provides the foundation for people to do their greatest work and constantly learn and grow. We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, health coverage, and unlimited vacation. Given that we’re an early-stage startup, our benefits package continues to evolve as we do. Your ideas and suggestions matter to us!
Our Core Values.
- Trust. We safeguard the goal. We believe we will only succeed if we earn trust – trust of our people, trust of our customers, trust of our partners. We will aim to achieve and keep faith at all times.
- Innovation. We dream big. We’re endlessly curious and constantly searching for the best, the better, and the never-before imagined.
- Excellence. We take big swings. We have high expectations of ourselves in everything we do.
- Grit. We drive past the finish line until the last second. Giving up is not an option. We will always find a way.
- Inclusion. We are a team player, and we are in it together. We believe that diverse thinking comes from different thinkers, and we need all perspectives to come together and win.
- Authenticity. We are the real deal and always authentic in what we create, our dealings with others, and in who we are as human beings.
- Accountability. We carry the ball. We hold ourselves to the highest moral and ethical standards. We will be fair and honest and take responsibility for our actions.
Total Compensation Range (Base + Equity): 225k-315K per year
Our compensation package currently breaks down into a base salary and an equity component for all employees. The candidate’s seniority and the evaluations made of that candidate during the interview process determine compensation.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided