Why this role
The Cloud Engineer will be a hands-on technology expert that plays a key role in identifying, building and maintaining developer tooling systems that enable Evolve engineering teams to scale quickly.
This role will support and collaborate closely with cross-functional product and DevOps teams focused on delivering features to our web platform.
This role requires experience building custom cloud solutions for modern web applications with modern cloud-based technologies. Candidates must be comfortable contributing to strategy as well as contributing tactically to the ecosystem and tools used by development teams.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and maintain tools for automation to reduce operational friction and increase engineering efficiency.
- Make contributions to multiple development, test, and production infrastructures with AWS and CI/CD pipelines.
- Collaborate across teams to identify cloud needs and deliver solutions in a timely manner.
- Support the research and documentation for potential solutions to tooling changes.
- Ensure that all solutions follow security and compliance controls.
- Create and maintain relevant domains within AWS including, but not limited to, accounts, application monitoring, networking, and cost efficiency.
- Integrate AWS into a variety of databases, platforms, and services used by Evolve engineering teams.
- Support the research of promising new tools and technologies that allow the team to experiment and evolve
What makes you a great fit
- 3+ years of relevant Cloud Infrastructure technical experience.
- 2+ years operating and managing AWS infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as alongside others
- Certifications in AWS and/or other cloud based technologies preferred.
- AWS expertise (EC2, Accounts, VPC, Security Groups, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Load Balancer, etc.).
- Understanding of modern AWS best practices and how to implement them.
- Can debug problems that span across systems.
- Experience with container services.
- Experience with Jira, Git and Confluence.
- Experience as an active participant in design sprints.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous success working in a Scrum environment as well as experience working with Agile and Lean methodologies.
- Dedication to learning and always striving to improve.
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado, in our beautiful downtown Denver office, remotely or a hybrid of both! As we grow, we are working towards opening remote opportunities across the entire U.S. We currently are able to hire across the U.S except in the following locations: California, District of Columbia, Hawaii, New Jersey, New Mexico, and Pennsylvania.
For this role our salary range is $109,000 - $125,000, depending on relevant experience
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided