Helping the Everyday Consumer Build Financial Health
OppFi is a leading financial technology platform that powers banks to help the everyday consumer gain access to credit. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, OppFi helps consumers who are turned away by traditional providers build a better financial path. OppFi is an Inc. 5000 company for five straight years, a Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, and the seventh fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain's Chicago Business. The company was also named on Forbes America 2021 list of America's Best Startup Employers and Built In's 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago. We welcome individuals to join us in facilitating financial inclusion and credit access for everyday consumers to live the life they deserve.
OppFi is a team of caring, innovative, and inclusive individuals with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Our employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every day and know you are a part of making a difference. Our company values guide us and create an open and collaborative culture where we hold the door, say what we see, do what we say, and dare to win together!
We are looking for a motivated, and service-oriented Information Security Engineer with hands-on knowledge of AWS, cloud architecture, and security best practices to join our expanding Information Security team. You will work directly with OppFi internal teams to ensure overall environment security, visibility, and compliance measures are adhered to and enforced. You will evaluate existing technical capabilities and systems, and identify opportunities for improvements while maintaining standard operating procedures and protocols to ensure Security Operations continues to meet operational requirements.
What you get to do:
- Responds to critical security incidents and leads escalation teams including third-party vendors to close with response, containment and remediation. Communicate risks and mitigations across multiple audiences
- Contains threats and remediates the environment during or after an incident, identifying data loss. Ensures that all incidents are recorded and tracked to meet audit and legal requirements where necessary.
- Designs and builds a comprehensive, structured threat detection program.
- Lead projects that include cloud/SaaS security monitoring, automation, incident response and, improve security awareness within the organization. Improve threat detection logic
- Develops and Improves detection logic,coordinates threat intelligence, enhances response capabilities, deploys new tools and builds use cases.
- Creates, maintains and promotes a set of security operation playbooks with Oppfi’s Tech teams to effectively trigger and execute the security incident response process.
- Establishes operational foundations - defines metrics and KPIs to drive governance, quality, and efficiency.
- Monitors and Logs for suspicious activities, manages strategy for SIEM, manages logging and creates a prioritized roadmap to reduce the gaps
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What you will bring to the team:
- At least 8 years of directly related experience in Information Security Threat Management
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or relevant field of study Technical Competencies
- Deep understanding of network protocols and troubleshooting, server operating systems IDS/IPS, infrastructure and application logging, and incident management
- Experience in AWS with cyber hunting practices/exercises using SIEM, enterprise search tools, SOAR, SIEM, EDR and related security response technologies, security incident response processes, tools, techniques and strategies
- Experience managing security mitigation solutions at all layers
- Experience generating and analyzing metrics with QuickSight, Tableau, Microsoft Business, or similar analysis software to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency
- Ability to analyze large data sets and unstructured data for the purpose of identifying trends and anomalies indicative of malicious activity, as well as demonstrated capability to learn and develop new techniques
- Strong knowledge of current security threats, techniques, and landscape, as well as a dedicated and self-driven desire to research the current information security landscape
- Ability to research, develop, and keep abreast of tools, techniques, and process improvements in support of security detection and analysis in accordance with current and emerging threat and attack vectors
- Ability to incorporate threat intel data into existing security solutions to monitor or prevent current threat actors
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) are required
- Excellent problem solving skills and troubleshooting skills with a strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills to track opportunities / problems and remediation / actions; proven analytical and problem solving ability while being cool under pressure and diplomatic
Reports to: Manager, Security Operations
Job Level: Senior Security Engineer I
The minimum salary based on qualifications and experience is $117,000. The total compensation package includes eligibility for performance-based bonuses as well as a 1-time equity grant based on level.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations.
Define your career at OppFi
OppFi is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience from Day 1. Key new hire programs include Day 1 Orientation, training with your manager and team, lunches with our CEO and President, and an educational summit featuring presentations by our senior leaders. Throughout and beyond your first-year journey, you'll have access to a variety of events focused on culture, inclusion, connection, and education. We want you to feel welcomed, informed, and valued for who you are and what you bring to our company.
- Day 1 - Month 3: Define Your Mission
You’ll understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your position at OppFi plays a part in that. With the help of your manager, you’ll set mission-aligned goals to make an impact in your role.
- Months 3 - 6: Define Your Belonging
You’ll understand OppFi’s culture and know how to engage with and influence that culture.
- Months 6 - 12: Define Your Journey
You’ll feel confident in your ability to execute in your role and empowered to take next steps in developing your career at OppFi.
Compensation and Benefits
OppFi offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness & growth, we provide monthly meditation and yoga classes and access to all LinkedIn Learning courses. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
OppFi is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any actual or perceived legally recognized protected bases under local, state, or federal law or regulations. Our goal as a company is to build an equitable workplace that actively works to dismantle systems of oppression in our processes, procedures, and interactions. We aim to help our employees thrive where they work and beyond. Check out our Culture page here.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFi will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided