Staff Cloud Developer, SecOps
Job location: Ottawa-Hybrid, Other Canadian locations- Remote
Additional requirements: Candidates must meet Controlled Goods Program Requirements.
About The Team
Imperative Orchestration, Declarative Automation - The Platform Engineering Team is responsible for building and running a cloud platform that enables delivery teams to self-service deployments with reduced lead time and complexity. We also provide cloud services and tools that enable internal development teams to build, test and deploy their applications using modern platform tooling like Git CI/CD pipelines, Terraform and Kubernetes delivery via ArgoCD. These same tools we leverage to ensure our customer environments are automated and continuously up to date. We are passionate about code and the power of automation to simplify complex processes.
As a Staff Cloud Developer in SecOps, you will lead a part of our platform that will ensure implementation of best practices security policies, integration with monitoring and alerting tools and remediation of security issues in customer production environments. We have a strong engineering culture, focused on steady, correct delivery, with a cloud-first approach. We are rapidly growing, supercharging the team that powers our developer & application platform.
What you will do
- Apply software engineering principles to application and operations challenges with a focus on automation and self-healing.
- Adopt existing Security Reference Architectures and their implementations; contribute to the design of new Security Reference Architectures.
- Investigate new security solutions to enhance platform security and fast remediation through innovative experiments or Proof of Concept.
- Build and manage, stable & secure cloud automation using cloud orchestration capabilities, scripting languages and APIs to design, code, test, implement and support Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Collaborate with team members in achieving professional excellence utilizing industry best practices.
- Advise and maintain a feedback loop with development and operations teams to ensure assets delivered are secure
- Prioritize projects/tasks according to company needs and expectations.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Engineering with specialization in Computer Science or related discipline, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 3 years of experience with SecOps
- 5 years of experience with Infrastructure and Platform engineering for high availability and scalable architectures in the cloud.
- 5 years of hands-on experience with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) security services & features
- Proven practical experience in building and managing:
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Secret and Key Management Systems (Vault)
- CI/CD solutions (Git, GitOps, Argo CD)
- Containers and orchestrators (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Experience in automating responses to commonly observed security incidents.
- A strong understanding of IAM, role-based access controls, network security, and means of isolating environments within cloud infrastructure.
- Experience in diagnostic and troubleshooting security issues (DDoS, XSS)
- Experience using penetration and static analysis tools
- Demonstrate understanding of OWASP and SANS Security vulnerabilities and remediations
- One or more of the following certifications: CCSP, Google Professional Cloud Security Engineer, Microsoft Certified Azure Security Engineer Associate, Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist
- Experience with compliance standards such as SoC II, ISO 27001, GDPR
- Practical understanding and experience of agile methodologies and Scrum
- Ability to share knowledge with others in the company.
- In-depth and proactive communication and documentation skills.
- Initiative and ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided