The Senior Manager of DevOps will be responsible for administering, configuring and maintaining enterprise Web and Application environments across multiple products with a strong focus on automation. Activities include defining and executing ongoing administration and application performance maintenance, procedures, and operations; problem diagnosis and resolution; as well as project support. The candidate will work closely with the database, system administration and development teams to provide application expertise for highly integrated platforms.
Essential Job Functions:
- Managing a team of DevOps engineers (onshore and offshore)
- Managing backlogs, prioritizing tasks and managing team workload
- Positive participation in an Agile Scrum/Kanban Team
- Leverage configuration management and automation platforms such as Git, Puppet, Jenkins, Capistrano, Docker and Kubernetes
- Configure and manage of enterprise monitoring and alerting tools such as ELK APM, Grafana, Nagios, New Relic and OEM
- Actively use problem triage/solving skills and ability to work independently in order to solve problems quickly and automate processes
- Launch an off-shore DevOps delivery center based in India. Establish run books, training and operational excellence in this newly sanctioned engineering center
- Establish the service delivery culture for our growing cloud business, building best-in class service engineering capabilities in the Cloud Engineering team.
- Delivery of high performance and highly scalable cloud services at an optimized cost point
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of service availability. Perform quality reviews, manage operations, and triage operational issues.
- Establish a culture of high performance, transparency and continuous improvement as it relates to the production support of our cloud services and to the streamlining of the development pipeline.
- Work across the engineering team to influence software development to meet the cloud needs and influence product and cloud engineering to improve the manageability and the supportability of the cloud products.
- Knowledge of Terraform and Puppet would be preferred
- Working knowledge of containers (Docker) would be preferred
- Understanding of modern web application architectures
- Basic SQL skills using Oracle and MS SQL DBs
- Good problem solving skills with an aptitude for learning and implementing emerging technologies
- Good inter-personal, oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn, mentor team members, and grow in a customer-first culture
- Organized and self-directing with the ability to identify priorities and achieve results
- Ability to interpret results, identify trends and communicate appropriately
- Good understanding of using structured development methods and tools
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- Basic Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Experience with scripting languages to automate tasks (Perl, Bash, Ruby, Python or similar)
- Understanding of fundamental security principles for network traffic and third-party software
- Knowledge in using JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo
Education and Experience:
- Computer science degree or related technical experience
- 8+ year of general DevOps and/or Cloud Engineering experience
- 5+ years of previous Systems, Application or Development Operations experience
- 5+ years of experience working with both Linux and MS Windows environments
- 5+ years of experience with provisioning Linux and MS Windows servers
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided