Join a high-performing, tight-knit team at a fast-growing company that is using the Internet of Things (IOT) to transform how organizations sense, monitor, and make decisions. Founded out of MIT in 2005, Smart Sense is trusted by more than 2,000 organizations, including Walmart, SpaceX, Apple, CVS Health, Coca-Cola, and the US State Department to help them make sensor-driven decisions. We have a solution that our customers rely on every day to make mission critical decisions; we are looking for team-oriented change agents to help shape the future of IOT.
In this newly created role, as a Senior Manager Cloud Operations, you will be responsible for all the cloud infrastructure that is powering SmartSense solutions. You will play a key role in establishing best practices such as Infrastructure as Code and Security as Code and you will drive our security compliance initiatives.
The Senior Manager Cloud Operations will be part of the tech leadership group and will partner with other engineering leaders to establish a culture of excellence and high quality. This is a hands-on leadership position that requires excellent knowledge in CloudOps, DevOps, and SecOps.
· Manage all cloud infrastructure on AWS
· Hands-on technical manager who can resolve problems and lead people, who maintains Cloud Operations in a 24/7/365 manner
· Lead efforts to get SOC 2 Type II certified
· Support engineering teams with developing, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining high availability products
· Establish Infrastructure as Code framework to support a continuous integration and continuous delivery model
· Manage production support, including monitoring of production environments, escalation management, and root cause analysis
· Control overall infrastructure cost to align with our business goals
· Manage external IT partnerships and hold external vendors to their SLA’s
· Lead a team of full-time employees and contractors
· Experience leading cloud operations for a SaaS organization
· Experience leading a security certification (SOC 2 or ISO 27001 are preferred)
· Must be hands on. You should be able to do anything your team does
· Extensive experience with AWS and its managed services
· Good understanding of different database platforms
· Experience implementing Infrastructure as Code and Security as Code
· Experience with Zero Trust methodology and other security best practices
· Experience with ITIL is a major plus
SmartSense by Digi is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Digi International offers a distinctive Total Rewards package including new hire stock award, paid parental leave, open (uncapped) PTO, and hybrid work environment in addition to our competitive medical, health & wellbeing and compensation offerings.