Cloud Architect - AWS Security
This role is based remotely in the United Kingdom or Ireland.
Who We Are
We enable greatness through the cloud. We thrive on working with fast growing companies around the world to solve both essential and advanced cloud challenges. DoiT provides intelligent technology that simplifies and automates cloud usage, alongside expert consultancy and unlimited technical support, all at no extra cost to our customers. Join our mission where you’ll work remotely with a committed, experienced, and global team in a collaborative and supportive culture. We are an award-winning strategic partner of Google Cloud and AWS, we provide intelligent technology, expert consultancy and unlimited technical support for customers across more than 70 countries.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced AWS Security Cloud Architect to join our team. As an AWS Security Cloud Architect,you will contribute to our customer's journey on evaluating, designing, developing and maintaining their cloud infrastructure on the AWS platform. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that the infrastructure is optimized for performance, cost, and security.
- Working knowledge of AWS security services and features of services to provide a secure production environment and an understanding of security operations and risks
- Knowledge of the AWS shared responsibility model and its application; security controls for workloads on AWS; logging and monitoring strategies; cloud security threat models; patch management and security automation; ways to enhance AWS security services with third-party tools and services; and disaster recovery controls, including Business Continuity Plans (BCP) and backups, encryption, access control, and data retention
- Understanding of specialized data classifications and AWS data protection mechanisms, data-encryption methods and AWS mechanisms to implement them, and secure internet protocols and AWS mechanisms to implement them
- Ability to make tradeoff decisions with regard to cost, security, and deployment complexity to meet a set of application requirements
- Knowledge in AWS Security services such as AWS IAM and IAM Identity Center (SSO), AWS Cloudtrail, AWS Organizations, Security Hub, GuardDuty, Inspector, and more.
- Experience troubleshooting Linux machines (e.g., system resource management, storage and file systems, network configuration, and so on)
- Experience collaborating with developers and platform engineers, contributing to architecture and continuously optimising infrastructure to remove bottlenecks and improve automation
- 5+ years of experience engineering, developing and troubleshooting large production-grade distributed systems on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- ‘end-to-end’ experience setting up and maintaining an AWS environment, following best practices. setting up AWS accounts, setting up VPCs with private and public subnets and security groups, IAM roles, managing AMIs, EC2 AutoScaling Groups
- AWS Certified Professional Solution Architect - Advantage.
- AWS Certified Security - Specialty - Advantage.
Are you a Do’er?
Be your truest self. Work on your terms. Make a difference.
We are home to a global team of incredible talent who work remotely and have the flexibility to have a schedule that balances your work and home life. We embrace and support leveling up your skills professionally and personally.
What does being a Do’er mean? We’re all about being entrepreneurial, pursuing knowledge and having fun! Click here to learn more about our core values.
Sounds too good to be true? Check out our Glassdoor Page
We thought so too, but we’re here and happy we hit that ‘apply’ button.
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible Working Options
- Health Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Home Office Allowance
- Professional Development Stipend
- Peer Recognition Program
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided