Waltz Health is looking for an experienced Senior Cloud Engineer who will lead the creation of a technology framework and provide technical leadership in support of Waltz Health MS/Azure enterprise cloud computing services. The Senior Cloud Engineer reports to the Sr. Director of Cloud and Infrastructure Services and will be responsible for ensuring that cloud technologies are effectively configured and maintained as required to support business applications and services.
The ideal candidate will have experience in cloud computing technologies supporting consumer services, retail, and healthcare. In addition, the position requires strong leadership and the ability to collaborate effectively with a group of high-performing individuals.
You will be reporting to the Sr. Director of Cloud and Infrastructure Services. You will be responsible for the following:
- Cloud architectures and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability).
- DevOps tool chains and processes.
- Providing subject matter expertise to the organization to design and deploy cloud-based technologies.
- Standardizing the infrastructure and deployment of cloud services.
- Maintaining overall cloud industry knowledge of the latest trends and technology.
- Understanding architecture and evaluating architectural alternatives for private, public, and hybrid cloud models, including SaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services that are highly resilient and recoverable.
You will be successful because you have these traits and skills:
- Demonstrate the ability to drive business and product performance through advanced cloud computing solutions.
- Have thought leadership with cloud industry expertise supporting fellow team members across business and technology areas.
- Are enthusiastic, positive, and hardworking.
- Flexible with job roles and responsibilities – i.e., be willing to jump into new projects and have a scrappy start-up mentality.
- A clear communicator who is comfortable working with all levels of the organization.
- Thrive working independently and autonomously, and can adapt to changing needs of a growing company.
- Can think effectively, critically, and creatively.
- Live in the US (Chicago preferred) and am willing to travel.
In the first 90 days, you will:
- Come up to speed on Waltz Health products, services, and operating model.
- Collaborate with product engineering teams in support of new products and services.
- Contribute to technology organization cloud strategy.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided