DevOps Manager - Location: AMER - Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal (Canada) Houston (USA)
Technology is foundational to all of Appnovation’s offerings, from consulting to digital innovation, to digital product and service creation. The technology department is focused on delivering software solutions that enable rich consumer experiences, from mobile and web applications to advanced analytics and machine learning, to content and engagement management service enablement platforms.
Inherent throughout our tech capabilities is deep expertise in the Software Development Life Cycle, a drive for creativity, a passion for the craft, and collaboration with other disciplines - all foundational ingredients in successful digital experiences and client partnerships.
As a DevOps Manager, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team, building web and mobile applications and platform solutions as well as providing strategy consulting for Appnovation’s clients. We are looking for people who can bring a strong, consulting and solution focused mindset and contribute to architectural decisions, best practices and get things done.
- 10+ years of experience as an information technology professional in roles such as a software developer and/or systems engineer, engineering lead, technical team lead, technical architect with at least 4 years of experience in DevOps.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Extensive Experience building automation tooling that increases the efficiency of operations teams
- A deep understanding of event driven and serverless architectures.
- A deep understanding of solutions architecture, design patterns and design modeling
- Experience managing highly available systems on current cloud vendors in production environments, e.g. Amazon, GCP and Microsoft Azure
- Experience with monitoring solutions
- Experience designing, orchestrating, and deploying container-based solutions using Docker or Kubernetes .
- A good understanding of Terraform - its benefits, pitfalls and how to get the best out of using it.
- Scripting experience: Shell (Bash), PHP, Python, Perl, etc.
- Understanding of the wider ecosystem; Istio, Helm, Prometheus, Influx etc.
- Experience with Logging and security hardening; system documentation and designs.
- Experience with Database management incl. MySQL, Postgres (Occasionally MongoDB, MSSQL and Oracle).
- Deep understanding of security and privacy by design principles
- Deep understanding of DevOps principles, processes and tools (e.g. IaC, configuration management, CI/CD and orchestration, CloudRun)
- Experience with continuous delivery tools and methodologies like GitHub, Bitbucket, GitHub actions, Travis CI, Jenkins and agile development.
- Deep understanding of agile principles and methodologies and advanced Scrum practitioner
- General knowledge of the market and industry trends for “DevOps”
NICE TO HAVES
- GCP Certified Professional DevOps Engineer
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
- Key leadership role whose accountabilities span the following
- Manage and set direction of the practice and people
- Deliver complex DevOps transformation for our clients
- Drive business with our customers
- Core hours are 9-6 pm, Mon-Fri working from the office. You will also be required to work on-call, roughly 1 weekend in 5
- You will be leading the global 24/7 DevOps team
- Lead Appnovation and client technical team that cover work related to DevOps
- Architect DevOps solutions for our clients by leading the DevOps team
- Apply DevOps thinking across the organization
- Provide thought leadership and mentoring
WHO YOU ARE
- You have ideally worked in Pharma, Manufacturing, Insurance and/or Banking sector
- You have prior experience in consulting
- You have customer first mindset and a devotion to customer service
- You have strong analytical and troubleshooting skill to diagnose infrastructure and platform issues
- You engage and build positive internal and external client relationships, while managing multiple initiatives, often with competing priorities
- You have strong self-initiative, passion, interpersonal, oral and written communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work, influence and make an impact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of the organization
- You set high standards for code quality, performance/scalability and security and seek continuous improvement
- You are responsive and thrive in a fast-paced diverse high-performance environment with rapidly changing business needs
- You actively seek out things outside your comfort zone with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
Vijay Bagha #LI-VB1
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided