Quartet is a leading tech-enabled behavioral health company that works with health plans, systems, and provider groups to deliver speed to quality behavioral health care for all. Through sophisticated data and analytics, along with personalized services, Quartet exists to advance quality care as defined by four measures: speed to care, seamless patient experiences, improved health outcomes, and affordability. The company is backed by venture funding from top investors including Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners, Deerfield Management, Echo Health Ventures, Centene Corporation, and Independence Health Group.
We are deeply committed to growing a diverse team and an equitable and inclusive culture where all Quartetians are empowered to be themselves and do their best work. We know this is vital in realizing our mission to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions.
About the team & Opportunity:
The Senior DevOps Engineer develops and manages software continuous deployment and integration processes, alerting and monitoring frameworks and builds and maintains the systems and network infrastructure hosted in our AWS environment. This role involves building and maintaining our dockerized environments, ensuring sufficient capacity for traffic spikes and monitoring system health and performance across the entire stack from load balancers to databases. This position works closely with our internal software developers, external partners and service providers to ensure our systems are stable, reliable and provide a fast, responsive experience for our customers.
- Build, maintain and optimize a multi-tier software packaging and code deployment system
- Develop automation scripts for provisioning and auto-scaling of infrastructure
- Ensure 99.999% uptime and availability of key production systems and supporting infrastructure
- Monitor system performance and log data; look for precursors to issues before they become bigger problems
- Apply aggressive systems security best practices and ensure accurate logging and alerting of security-related issues
- Collaborate with software engineering teams to ensure smooth deployment of software changes and work with project teams on major infrastructure overhauls and upgrades
- Stay up-to-date on all current and future AWS services and tools and provide guidance and evangelism on how best to make use of cloud infrastructure to support company growth
- 5+ years of experience with CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins and Ansible
- 5+ years of experience with AWS cloud infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience working on highly available, fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- 5+ years of experience with infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform, Bosh, Chef, Ansible or Capistrano
- 5+ years of experience managing web scale infrastructure using modern technologies and DevOps principles
- A strong understanding of operating systems and the nuances of Linux
- A strong understanding of networking fundamentals including DNS, load balancing, proxies and firewalls
- Expertise in Kubernetes, both as a client as well as owner of the platform
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, team events, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental and military leave, commuter benefits, 401K, and stock option grants.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet actively encourages applicants of all backgrounds to apply and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential job duties - reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you require assistance in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have someone to refer? Email email@example.com to submit their details to us.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided