Vonage Engineering Mission: We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why this role Matters:
As a key member of the IT Engineering team, you will be designing, developing and maintaining Corporate applications, technologies and solutions, used by the globally distributed Vonage workforce. An ideal candidate for this role is an individual that has a diverse and deep technical background in a wide range of technical disciplines. This includes building and maintaining AWS cloud native infrastructure and services, including creation of relevant IaaS automation & CI/CD pipelines, configuration and maintenance of SaaS and cloud native applications such as Okta, Jira, Confluence, Slack, Github, Active Directory, TrendMicro, Google Workspace applications, Netskope, SCCM and other similar corporate applications, and integration and automation of associated workflows.
What you will do:
- Administer and maintain corporate applications and services hosted in AWS cloud with multiple accounts, regions, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Route53, S3, EC2, RDS, IAM roles, Load Balancing, and auto scaling.
- Leverage technology (i.e. AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, GitHub, Jenkins etc.) to automate and build “infrastructure as code” and CI/CD pipelines to support new and existing applications. Ensure that the target design accounts for disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Administer one or more corporate applications, software and tools hosted on-prem and AWS cloud environment, such as Okta, Jira, Confluence, Slack, GitHub, Netskope, Active Directory, SCCM, TrendMicro, Google Workspace etc. Analyze and automate associated workflows to improve operational efficiency, and enhance security and stability.
- Automate workflows to support integration between various systems to improve accuracy, security, and operational efficiency.
- Leverage the appropriate technology (like AWS CloudWatch, Elasticsearch/Kibana) to gather metrics and monitor the health/utilization of technical resources, and ensure high availability of all corporate applications.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including design documents, end user facing documents, run books and production change records.
- Support the corporate network team to manage the global AWS network.
- Assist Tier1 corporate support in troubleshooting and addressing user provisioning, de-provisioning and access issues as needed.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including systems configuration.
- Ensure data integrity and access controls when using the AWS platform.
- Assist with incidents, troubleshoot and resolve issues, perform root cause analysis, and contribute to solutions for ongoing improvements.
- Participate in 24x7 support as necessary.
What you will bring:
- Ability to listen, communicate, evaluate, problem solve in a multi tasking team environment.
- Experience in configuration, management and maintenance of AWS cloud infrastructure and services like IAM, EC2, VPC, Route53, RDS, S3, ELB etc.
- Experience in IaaC tools like AWS CloudFormation & Terraform.
- Experience with corporate applications and collaboration tools and services like Okta, Jira, Confluence, Slack, Github, Active Directory, TrendMicro, Google G-suite applications, Netskope, SCCM.
- Experience in build, configuration, tuning, securing, patching and maintenance of Linux Systems and applications.
- Excellent understanding of automation frameworks, CI/CD, Jenkins, Bamboo or Concourse and usage in conjunction with IaaC automation tools and source code management software like Github.
- Experience in authoring and maintaining complex scripts to automate tasks.
- Experience in Python required. Experience in other scripting languages like Ruby, Go or Perl is a plus. Experience in object oriented programming and Java/C++ is a plus.
- Experience in Core Infrastructure services like Active Directory, DNS, NTP, Kerberos, Radius, LDAP, SMTP, CIFS, DHCP.
- Understanding of AWS Networking fundamentals like Security Groups, Inbound rules, VPC’s, Subnets, Internet Gateways, Transit Gateways, NAT and ENI’s.
- Experience in writing technical documentation, including design documents, end user facing documents,and run books.
- Experience with system monitoring and related metrics.
- Experience handling production incidents.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills to peers and managers.
What is Required for application:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience in managing and maintaining AWS cloud native infrastructure involving multiple AWS accounts, IAM, VPC, EC2, Route53, S3, Containers, Load balancers, Auto scaling, Cloudtrail etc.
- 3+ years experience in managing and maintaining corporate applications and workforce management, collaboration tools.
- 2+ years experience in Linux administration, automation frameworks
- 2+ years experience in programming.
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided