Udacity Session Leads are Specialized Mentors who provide world-class technical support to our students in their Nanodegree learning journey. They have experience as industry professionals and a vigour to mentor others to hone their technical skills in the field. Come and be a part of this Specialised Mentor Pool and contribute towards students success!
As a Session Lead, you will be meeting virtually on a weekly basis with your students for group work, activities and short lectures. During the week, students are expected to study an estimated 10 hours on their Nanodegree programs on their own, and you will be expected to respond to their technical questions and check-in with them to make sure they are making progress.
- Proficiency in speaking and writing in English
- Technical competence: Proficiency in Web Development with Python, SQL, HTML, Command Line, Flask, Cloud Native Paradigms like CI/CD, Container Orchestration, Microservices, API Development, DevOps, Cloud Native Fundamentals, Java Foundations, Advanced Java Programming
- 2+ years of working experience related to the above skillsets
- Graduate from any of the DevOps Or JAVA Courses/Nanodegree programs is an added plus
- Experience teaching technical concepts and public speaking
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence to lead a group of students
- Students-oriented mindset and focus on understanding their problems
- Innovative approach and proactivity with students that need help
- Positive character, trusted by the students, creating emotional ties in the group
- Existing tech network and experience in technical conversations & discussions
- Flexibility at their current job to take this challenge as a part-time, external contractor
- Managing weekly Connect sessions with students according to Udacity guidelines
- Creating the Udacity Connect session agenda & notes
- Coordinating between the students and the Udacity Connect team
- Reporting to Udacity the weekly overall attendance status of students & observations about each session
- Being present at every Connect session over Zoom, helping students introduce themselves, organizing students in groups and keeping track of time
- Explaining concepts of the Nanodegree program to your group of students when needed
- Solving questions raised by students during the Connect session
- Reporting student's attendance and progress to the Mentor's dashboard
- Communicating with students on Slack
- Weekly check-in with all students on their progress
Learn more about the Session Lead Guidelines.
Why should you apply?
- Earn additional income working from the comfort of your own home
- Contribute to a vibrant, international student community
- Stay updated with the latest in cutting-edge technologies
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided