Who We Are
OpenEye, the cloud video platform company, provides solutions for video security, business intelligence and loss prevention. For over 20 years, OpenEye has been committed to developing an easy-to-use, comprehensive video management system backed by Heroic Customer Service® and support. Our on-site and cloud-based products can be found protecting schools, hospitals, banks, retail stores, and other facilities around the world. OpenEye’s solutions are available globally through a trusted network of certified service providers. OpenEye is a subsidiary of Alarm.com. Learn more at www.openeye.net.
OpenEye is seeking an DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. If you thrive in an innovative, collaborative, and casual atmosphere, apply today!
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for the managing the AWS cloud environment, assisting developers with the release and deployment of software, building, maintaining, and monitoring the health of the environment using a combination of technical proficiencies, organizational aptitude and interpersonal skills, as well as learning and progressing with the evolving technology. Supports and adheres to the OpenEye Code of Ethics and Business Standards,
Role and Responsibilities
- Works with developers and other DevOps to test system integrity.
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management
- Test implemented designs
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Handle code deployments in all environments
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
- Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improve development delivery
- Consult with peers for feedback during testing stages
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards
- Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects
- Manage CI and CD tools with team
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes
- Improve infrastructure development and application development
- a minimum of 2-5 years related experience and/or training
- Expertise in a scripting language and/or C# and/or Java and/or C++ development language, a solid understanding of development practices including the .NET framework, TCP/IP network protocols
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and practices
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong quality ethic and test-first attitude
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- The pay range for this opportunity is $75,000 - $100,000 annually. In addition, this position is eligible for an annual discretionary bonus.
- Employees are eligible to purchase company stock at a discounted rate
- Collaborative, fun, creative culture where idea sharing is encouraged
- Casual dress (Jeans are welcome!)
- Medical, dental, vision & prescription benefits starting day 1! Generous medical plan subsidy and health savings account option with company contribution helps keep your costs low.
- Up to $5,000 annual company match for 401k
- Company paid short-term/long-term disability, AD&D and life insurance
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 15 Days of Paid Vacation accrued per year (increases after year 3)
- 7 Paid Sick/Wellness days per year
- 9 Paid Holidays per year
- This position is eligible for a flexible hybrid work schedule
- Educational Assistance Program covering non-degree support, undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Employee Equipment Program – Free Alarm.com system for your home!
OpenEye is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided