Senior DevOps Specialist - Job Description
We’re HCSS. We’re a software company based in Sugar Land, TX and we provide innovative solutions for the construction industry that helps streamline their operations. Our mission at HCSS is to help customers dramatically improve their business through our innovative, high-quality software and exceptionally helpful service, while providing a great life for our employees. With this mission at the forefront of everything we do, we’re recognized as a pioneer and leader in our market and nominated the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” 14 years in a row.
WHO WE NEED:
We’re currently looking for a Senior DevOps Specialist with 5+ years of development & DevOps experience. As a Senior DevOps Specialist on our high-performing Agile team, you will need to have the following:
- 5+ years of experience in .Net development and C#
- Experience with .Net Core or newer frameworks
- 5+ years of experience with Azure DevOps
- 2+ years of experience in cloud platforms
- 3+ years of experience with SQL
- Expert knowledge of Azure cloud concepts such as: App Services, Azure Functions, Service Bus, Redis Cache, Elastic Pools, App Insights, and app service plans
- Expert knowledge of CI/CD concepts such as: Build and release pipelines, infrastructure-as-code, and slot-based deployment
- Expert knowledge of code architecture and coding practices
- Familiarity with scripting languages (i.e. PowerShell, Bash)
- Ability to form cross departmental relationships
- Familiarity with Agile development processes
- Unit testing and test-driven development
- Familiarity with RESTful services (especially OpenApi)
- Be the organization's sought after individual for modern code architecture and providing support for addressing code efficiency and compliance.
- Consult and help build Azure DevOps pipelines using YAML and infrastructure as code
- Collaborate with our engineering teams and team leads on cloud infrastructure, architecture, security, and help solve business problems
- Research new tooling and technologies to help advance the department
- Create demos and How-To’s to help teams easily adopt new technologies
- Work with the executive team to help implement policies around things like data governance and infrastructure security protocols
- Partner with security teams to implement security into developer pipelines (i.e static code analysis deployment, review and action items)
- Document, train, and provide knowledge transfer sessions for DevOps and IT teams.
- Contribute code to development projects to help improve internal tooling or other software
WHY WORK WITH OUR DEVOPS TEAM?
- A sought after expert. As a DevOps specialist you will experience a deep understanding of the technologies, tools, and processes used in software development and deployment. You will drive proficiency in programming languages, operating systems, cloud computing, and automation tools.
- Engaging, driven, and a collaborative team. We are a fun and friendly team that immensely values teamwork. We deeply care and support each other so we can collectively impact the company, the customer, and the industry.
- Impact an industry. Construction is going through a technology evolution and we have the fantastic opportunity to be in the front seat to aid in that transition.
- Build products of real value. We come to work dedicated to building proven and dependable products for the people of the construction industry. We strive to delight them through outcome-driven, customer-centric, and evidence-backed solutions.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Part of our mission statement is to provide a great life for our employees. We believe that happy employees make for a better company, so we take care of them. Here are a few of the perks we offer:
- Flexibility for you to work in-office, hybrid or remote.
- Medical and Dental Premiums.
- On-site amenities including covered basketball court, soccer field, 200-meter track, etc.
- Dog-friendly campus.
- 401K with match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- And more!
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided