A DevOps engineer with some software development/programming experience instead of infrastructure/operations background. Able to work towards a common goal as part of a team and have initiative once given strategic direction. Should have positive attitude towards solving challenges and learning new skills. The person will be motivated by continuous improvement in terms of driving and delivering quality and efficiency. Able to work in close collaboration with Development, Infrastructure and Operations.
- Identify and develop opportunities to improve existing delivery workflows.
- Take initiative to propose and capable of developing automated processes.
- Focus on innovative approach of delivering outcomes in simple and user-friendly way.
- Aid in the technical design and delivery of existing systems with regard to continuous integration, automated testing, deployment and delivery.
- Work under direction to continuously improve existing pipelines and software distribution process.
- Need to own CI builds and continuously improve deployment pipelines.
Key Principles & Ways of working:
- An agile DevOps approach to daily workload.
- Used to sharing and management of knowledge.
- Continuous improvement operating model in an agile environment.
- Strong understanding of Infrastructure as Code principles and practices.
- Challenge and innovate existing processes, tools, culture, and technology.
- Capable to follow high level directions to implement continuous improvement.
- Ensure work is delivered consistently to design and build principles and standards.
- A continual learning culture and initiative to stay present with latest DevOps trends.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills and the ability to come up with creative solutions.
- Relevant experience in DevOps/SRE related capacity.
- Able to articulate practical examples of DevOps initiatives from own experience.
- Experience of various aspects of automation of the software delivery, deployment and release process.
- Experience working in on-prem and cloud infrastructure environments.
- Managing and delivering DevOps processes, including, but not limited to: development build processes, continuous integration, test automation, automated deployment, continuous delivery.
- Experience with CI build systems like Jenkins or similar.
- Experience managing build artifacts; packaging, package repositories and experience with relevant package managers.
- Knowledge, understanding of and(or) experience of:
- Version control systems e.g. Git/GitHub
- Deployment automation (on-premises & cloud)
- Scripting/programming languages such as Python, PowerShell, C#
- Windows batch scripting
- PowerShell Desired State Configuration (PowerShell DSC)
- Awareness or use of principles like: Code reuse, DRY, KISS, YAGNI.
- JIRA, Confluence, Kanban boards etc.
- Automated testing and integration as part of CI/CD pipelines.
- Code linting and static code analysis.
- Containerisation concepts (Docker) – ideally practical experience
- Infrastructure as code (IaC)
- A genuine passion for new ideas and technology excellence as well as passion for automation of Infrastructure. Repeatable patterns, pipelines, and security integrations
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided