We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including a prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category for our Enterprise Agile delivery approach.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
We want to continue to grow our team with people just like you!
About the Role
Over the past few years, BJSS has invested heavily in developing a leading Cloud and Platform Engineering capability and in partnerships with leading Cloud providers such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and more recently, GCP.
We have achieved a number of significant milestones in the past four years with AWS including achieving DevOps, Migration, Security and Healthcare, Government and Public Sector competencies, achieving recognition as a leading global Well Architected Partner and being awarded UK Public Sector Partner of the Year and more recently Global Healthcare Partner of the Year for quality delivery of some of the UK’s largest cloud transformation programs.
We want to capitalise on our success and accelerate our capability and become a premier AWS partner.
We are seeking a credible, knowledgeable individual with hands on delivery knowledge of AWS projects who is passionate about owning and driving the technical relationship with AWS.
As the AWS Technology Partner Lead, you will be responsible for driving technical relationships with AWS and our clients and ensuring that they have the necessary technical resources to build and deliver successful AWS-based solutions. You will work closely with AWS technical sales teams, partners, and customers to develop and execute on technical strategies and initiatives that help drive adoption of AWS services and solutions.
The role represents a great career development opportunity and is ideal for a next step in developing relationships and understanding of AWS with a leading IT and Consulting organisation.
Entrepreneurial and results-driven, you’ll develop and strengthen relationships with clients and leverage our enviable track record to expand our position as a leading provider of technology driven change.
What you’ll do:
- You will own the technical plan, build relationships to open up new opportunities, work closely with the commercial lead of the AWS partnership and increase the knowledge base, professionalism and expertise of AWS within BJSS.
- You will support pre-sales activities where required and have ownership of AWS Partner Technology plan.
- You will drive adoption of the AWS Well Architected Partnership and deliver 2-3 competences per year.
- You will support Learning and Development activities within BJSS.
- You will be part of the innovation team and be responsible for development of the BJSS AWS Landing Zone.
- You will maintain partner relationship with the nominated AWS Technical Account Manager and AWS Professional Services.
- You will organise and promote internal events to promote best practice, produce Blog articles, opinion pieces and news articles and represent BJSS at AWS events.
- You are able to manage your time effectively between delivery projects and AWS evangelism.
- You will be involved in the day-to-day decision making activities of the Cloud and Managed Services team and will lend an AWS perspective to the managed services offer.
- You are passionate about AWS Cloud technologies and will have hands on, credible delivery experience with engagements incorporating implementation of AWS Cloud solutions and/or migration of legacy systems to AWS Cloud Platforms.
- You are an advocate of Agile and DevOps techniques and understand good practice – we expect you to have your own opinions, but to be open and accepting of those of others. Keeping your own skills and expertise current with industry developments, you’ll also have a focus on Security, Cost and Operational Excellence and will be able to lead and advise on these topics.
- You foster collaboration across diverse platform teams to help develop a consistent ‘one team’ approach to platform delivery.
- You encourage sharing of experience and expertise – maintain central repositories of knowledge articles, features etc. regularly communicating this with the UK Capability.
- Display strong communication skills, and professional presentation skills/standards.
- Be approachable and develop good relationships at all levels.
- Commercially focused, with a drive to achieve commercial success for the business.
- Motivated by high standards, goal driven and ambitious to get the job done.
- Extensive experience in technical sales or partner management.
- Experience with AWS services and solutions, and a strong understanding of cloud architecture and best practices.
- Experience working with AWS in a technical capacity to develop and deliver solutions.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver on-time and on-budget.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with constantly evolving priorities.
- Certifications in AWS, such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, or AWS Certified Developer is a plus.
Some of the Perks
- Flexible benefits allowance – you choose how to spend your allowance (additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more)
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and other
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle, and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- We have a busy social calendar that you can chose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
- GymFlex gym membership programme
Please note: any applicants must be able to gain valid SC clearance.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided