MEET THE TEAM...
ISS (Infrastructure Shared Service) is an international organization within Pure, responsible for all of Pure Storage's engineering infrastructure, development environment, and production services. We work with all internal engineering teams to provide reliable services that are used to develop new products and features, in many different environments: from our multiple data centers to various public clouds.
As a Cloud Platform Engineer in ISS, you will work to improve the capabilities, reliability, security, and performance of Pure Storage's critical infrastructure and applications by developing and operating new features. This means leveraging data collected from our business units to derive insights, design and implement new platform capabilities, as well as helping colleagues leverage those capabilities. All with the focus of keeping engineering teams focused on doing what they do best, delivering high quality products to our customers.
We are looking for engineers that have a mix of software and Public Cloud skills, are passionate about infrastructure, and have experience building tools, services, and automation to manage and improve Cloud Platforms(Azure/AWS/GCP).
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING...
- You will be working with a massive scale multi-cloud environment and will take part in deployments, upgrades, incident, problem & capacity management functions. You will work on production & non-production environments to ensure all services are running reliably & securely.
- Automate Cloud infrastructure provisioning, updating and security baseline enforcement using Infrastructure as code tool, like Terraform
- Ensure constant availability of our Cloud infrastructure maintaining systems to defined SLAs and SLOs
- Develop and implement Cloud governance at scale strategy.
- Provide advanced technical support for Cloud infrastructure and services.
- Developing documentation and runbooks to manage and maintain the Cloud infrastructure.
- Creating tools and process to help cloud assess owner to improve the cloud cost efficiency
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to ensure that critical and time-sensitive projects run smoothly and achieve the business outcome
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM...
- 5+ Experience using Azure and AWS or GCP as a DevOps or SRE engineer
- Proficient in managing Cloud infrastructure lifecycle using Terraform
- Experience designing and deploying infrastructure and services on Azure, which includes working with services like Virtual Machines, AKS, Azure VM Image Builder, Azure Database, Azure AD, Azure Policy, Azure Firewall Manager, Azure Virtual Network Manager, Azure Disk Storage, Azure Blob Storage etc.
- Experience designing enterprise grade Azure and Hybrid Cloud Networking architecture to protect the Azure workloads and Data.
- Able to work in a 24x7 on call rotation using a follow the sun model (i.e. 8am to 8pm local time pager duty, approximately 1 week every 2-3 months);
- Systematic problem-solving approach, strong communication skills, and a sense of ownership and drive;
- Experience in analyzing performance & debugging Enterprise Systems.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
WHAT WE HOPE YOU ALSO BRING TO THE TEAM...
- Experience building and maintaining cloud-native applications
- Experience using DevOps tools in a cloud environment, such as Ansible, Artifactory, Docker, GitHub, Jenkins, and/or Kubernetes
- Experience using monitoring solutions like Splunk, Datadog and Prometheus etc
- Knowledge of one or more of the most-used programming languages available for today’s cloud computing (i.e., SQL data, XML data, R math, Clojure math, Haskell functional, Erlang functional, Python procedural, and Go procedural languages)
- Experience in troubleshooting distributed systems
- Proficiency in script development and scripting languages
- Excellent customer service and people skills. Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication and relationship building skills
The annual base salary range is: $116,000 - $175,000. Salary ranges are determined based on role, level and location. For positions open to candidates in multiple geographical locations, the base salary range is reflective of the labor market across the applicable locations. This role may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity. And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events - check out purebenefits.com for more information.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided