This role is based remotely in Ireland
Who We Are
DoiT is scaling rapidly as we work with fast-growing, digitally savvy companies around the world, helping them harness public cloud technology and services to achieve big goals.
Committed to solving both essential and advanced cloud challenges, DoiT provides intelligent technology to simplify and automate cloud use, alongside expert consultancy and unlimited technical support. Our technology portfolio is backed by deep multi-cloud expertise and includes valuable optimization, analytics, and governance tools and capabilities.
A strategic partner and reseller of Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services with multiple consecutive awards for partner of the year, DoiT operates across more than 70 countries to support thousands of global customers. For more information, visit doit-intl.com.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced AWS InfraMod Cloud Architect to join our team. As an AWS InfraMod Cloud Architect, you will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of the company's cloud infrastructure on the AWS platform. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that the infrastructure is optimized for performance, cost, and security.
- Collaborate with customers development teams, architects, operations teams and leadership to design and architect highly scalable, reliable, and secure cloud solutions on the AWS platform
- Identify and resolve performance and availability issues with customers
- Help customer monitor and optimize resource utilization to minimize costs
- Stay up-to-date with the latest AWS features and best practices
- The expertise to engineer, develop, and troubleshoot large production-grade distributed systems on Amazon Web Services (AWS), select the appropriate tools to tackle business problems at the right scale
- Designing, building and testing cloud native applications on AWS cloud infrastructure
- Strong EC2 experience, familiar with cloud instances and families, networks and shared networks, subnets, peering and firewalls.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot most common instance failed status checks
- Deep Network experience, familiar with cloud network patterns such as VPC, networks, subnets, peering, security groups and nat gateways
- Deep Experience with these services, ALB/ELB,Route53, S3, IAM, Storage
- Experience using monitoring solutions like CloudWatch, ELK Stack, and Prometheus
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of cloud related technologies, and can articulate best practice approaches and practices
- Experience troubleshooting Linux machines (e.g., system resource management, storage and file systems, network configuration, and so on)
- Experience collaborating with developers and platform engineers, contributing to architecture and continuously optimizing infrastructure to remove bottlenecks and improve automation.
- An understanding of writing Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC), using tools like CloudFormation or Terraform
- AWS Certified Professional Solution Architect an Advantage.
- 5+ years of experience engineering, developing, and troubleshooting large production-grade distributed systems on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Have ‘end-to-end’ experience setting up and maintaining an AWS environment, per best practices. The would involve setting up AWS accounts, setting up VPCs with private and public subnets, IAM roles, managing AMIs, EC2 AutoScaling Groups
- Deep experience troubleshooting EC2 instance , recovering failed EC2 instances from snapshot
- Understands the different AWS Load balancers and proper use case
- Understands VPCs to a great level, including security best practices, usage of VPC peering as well as limitations of VPC peering
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- AWS certification (e.g., Solutions Architect - Professional) is a plus
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible Working Options
- Health Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Home Office Allowance
- Professional Development Stipend
- Peer Recognition Program
We offer you the opportunity to be your truest self.
We believe what sets us apart is you. DoiT is an organization where everyone is welcome and respected for their unique perspectives and experiences they bring as individuals to enhance our team. We want you to reach your full potential; we provide an annual stipend to help fund your professional development.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided