The Cloud Engineer is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Director of Network Operations, the Cloud Engineer will be responsible for the deployment, provisioning, management, and monitoring of assets deployed within Foundry’s public cloud infrastructure.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
This position is based at Foundry HQ in Rochester, NY.
- Design and implement infrastructure that adhere to best practices frameworks like the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Act as subject matter expert for IaC platform and tooling; train peers and empower engineering teams to further refine their capabilities.
- Propose, present, and influence architectural design ideas to executives and technical management.
- Work with compliance and security teams to ensure that designs are compliant with SOC2 and CIS frameworks.
- Work with engineering teams to understand requirements and draft architectural diagrams prior to provisioning.
- Identify opportunities to optimize costs through infrastructure changes or platform-specific committed use discounts.
- Work alongside other cloud engineers and cloud architects to implement engineering solutions; participate in on-call rotations to support business applications in tier 2/tier 3 capacity.
- Write IaC modules/templates to package reusable code for consistent provisioning of complex infrastructure. Maintain updated versions of common modules/templates along with well-written documentation and usage examples
- Keep skills up-to-date with latest developments in industry standard tooling and public cloud services.
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years of experience working as a cloud engineer or similar role
- 1+ years in infrastructure operations or applications development, with emphasis in areas of networking, application services, security, and distributed computing
- Deep knowledge of cloud design patterns, cloud operations and cloud cost models with experience designing and implementing best practices solutions for at least one major cloud platform
- SME in at least one of the following domains (software development, systems administration, networking, data science)
- Professional-level certifications and/or commensurate work experience
- Understanding of Agile methodologies including Scrum and/or Kanban
- Working knowledge of cloud container orchestration platforms and/or Kubernetes
- Ability to identify incident trends to elevate incidents in accordance with standard protocols.
- Experience designing, delivering, and sustaining CI/CD/CT Pipelines
- Proficient with infrastructure diagram tooling (Visio, Lucidchart, Draw.io)
- Proficient with Infrastructure as Code/configuration management tooling (Terraform, Ansible)
- Proficient with system programming languages such as Bash, Python, Golang, or similar
- Strong attention to detail in architecture, implementation, and testing
- Excellent verbal & writing skills; experience writing and contributing to both product & technical documentation
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Interest/Experience in cryptocurrency and/or Blockchain
- Ability to think outside the box
- Collaboration mindset
- Documentation experience
- Desire to learn
- Past networking experience a plus
- Past DevOps or Software Development experience a plus
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided