- JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - Work from anywhere
- SALARY: $155,000 – $170,000/yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week - Long term
This is a direct hire role, but the client is also open to contract to hire.
- Experience with full stack development with an emphasis on integration and back-end processing.
- Experienced in designing and building applications using container and serverless technologies.
- 3+ years of experience developing within the AWS ecosystem.
- 3+ years GitOps experience.
- 3+ years experience with DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code, Continuous integration, automated deployment, test-driven development, and configuration management.
- Experience with systems security and data security such as PCI
- Skilled with Agile development methodologies
- BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred.
- Skilled at collaboration, prioritization, and helping product teams understand and balance tradeoffs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Familiarity with and ability to effectively use online collaboration tools, with Google suite preferred
- Ability to independently work remotely; occasional on-site travel may be required (5-10%)
- AWS Certifications, including: AWS Certified Developer - Associate, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
- Experience integrating AWS services with Salesforce.
- React native mobile development experience.
What you’ll be working on
As our client's senior AWS Engineer, you will work with the team driving the creation of new products, services, and capabilities to help us serve their small and medium trade customers. You are a full-stack engineer, experienced in selecting the best AWS services to meet business needs and configuring those services to meet security, performance, cost, configurability, and automated deployment requirements. If you want to work in a team that follows a GitOps process, using full automation, with infrastructure as code, you have come to the right place.
- You will provide leadership, as well as tactical execution skills, in order to create and drive a cloud based architecture that extracts the greatest value from their chosen technical stacks.
- You thrive working in matrixed teams to solve complex problems and are able to communicate pros/cons, key differentiators, and downstream (troubleshooting, configuration) impacts of options and recommend effective solutions.
- You are a driven problem solver, and creative. You are a collaborator.
- You are a software ‘polyglot’ who is familiar with multiple languages and frameworks.
- You believe in test driven development.
- You not only fully understand Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices, but you believe in test driven development and automated testing (and you love watching your code robots do their quality code scanning and automated deployment)
- Diversity (gender, race, thought) is important to you because you understand that the best idea wins, and only in a diverse pool does the best evolve. You will stand up for others and you champion an inclusive culture.
Other responsibilities of this role include:
- AWS Environment configuration and setup, including Identity and Access Management.
- Coordinating AWS releases and configuration with other pieces of our client's solution and establishing processes to keep versions in sync.
- Creating the infrastructure as a code deployment pipeline from GitHub to AWS.
- Defining architecture for middleware API, including security configurations.
- Developing serverless APIs and worker processes (e.g. Lambda).
- Recommending and configuring persistent storage serv
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided