Position Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Theale / Remote
Key Skills: DevOps, Puppet, Terraform, Agile, Linux, Docker, CI/CD
Who Are We?
Bottomline Technologies are transforming business payments and processes for companies and financial institutions around the world. Obsessed with removing complexity and allowing people to simply Pay and Get Paid. Automating and digitising all that is possible. Every day. We empower customer satisfaction through growth in new markets.
Culture and Values
We are a team of people who are strongly committed to maintain our fantastic culture, and ensuring our values and principles are lived out daily. We share ideas, innovate together and support each other personally and professionally in order to delight our customers! Working collaboratively with customers, partners and each other, we achieve a common goal of exceeding customer expectations.
The DevOps team will spearhead an 18 month multi-faceted migration project involving a software stack responsible for multi-million pound annual revenue. Initially the role will comprise of scheduling work, managing stakeholders, reporting on progress and managing team resources to ensure the project is kept on track & delivered successfully.
Throughout the project you'll be fully integrated into the DevOps team with a wide range of expertise and experience to call upon for assistance with technical challenges. This integration will give you a wider working knowledge of the business and our products such that once the migration project is complete, you will leverage your experience to help shape the future of DevOps in the business and deliver systems that will drive efficiency across the product lines.
- Coordinating efforts of engineers working on the migration
- Reporting on progress to & managing expectation of stakeholders
- Hands-on migration efforts using Puppet & Terraform
- Taking part in scrum/agile ceremonies
- Driving best-practice within the DevOps team
Experience and Skills
- Proven experience managing small-to-medium sized projects to join a well established
- Experience delivering programmes of work in an agile environment, Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket), Excellent reporting/presentation skills - including written form, Experience managing/leading others
- Puppet, Terraform, Git, Linux (RedHat derivative) CLI
- Jenkins (Jenkinsfile), Docker
- Technical Project Management experience/qualifications, Scrum master experience (Desirable)
Bottomline are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all individuals in a fair and equal manner by creating an inclusive and open environment for all employees.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided