Here at Appian, we’re passionate about automation, speed, and efficiency; and the CIO department is a great place to apply these values! From Information Security, Business Technology, to Solution Engineering, joining Appian will provide you with the opportunity to lead technical strategy, execution and communication for all applications to support Appian employees, customers, and partners across the world. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian across the world.
The Appian Support Engineering team provides technical expertise to our customers around the globe, touching every layer of the Appian platform. From data analysis to creative problem solving, our Support Engineers tackle the most challenging technical problems encountered by Appian customers and partners.
We are looking for a hands-on Cloud Support Engineer with demonstrated technical expertise in cloud infrastructure troubleshooting and superior problem solving skills. The Cloud Support Engineer will have a passion in improving customer experience and internal systems, tools and processes used by the Support Engineering team.
This role is based at Appian's Headquarters in McLean, VA. Employees hired for this position will have the opportunity to work in a flexible, hybrid environment.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques and collaborate with various teams and subject matter experts to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
- Drive customer communication during critical incidents, working on highly complex customer problems that may span multiple technologies such as: VPNs, databases, authentication, and more.
- Leverage your contact with customers to capture feedback with how Appian can improve
- Write tutorials and other technical articles for both Appian Customers and Appian Employees
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience
- Develop 24/7 systems that are leveraged globally to monitor, prevent, and respond to our customers’ cloud issues
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Days filled with unique and exciting challenges—everyday is different!
- Advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals
- Appian product training, plus additional training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role
- Our team is rapidly growing, and with growth comes opportunity!
- Unlimited (flex) PTO, hybrid working arrangement, and flexible working hours.
- Bachelor's degree in any Engineering discipline, Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar work experience
- 2+ years in a technology focused role (preferably customer-facing)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Comfort working in a Linux environment and experience with networking fundamentals like VPNs, DNS, TCP/IP, UDP, etc.
- Willing and able to provide after hours support (rotation every 12 or so weeks)
Nice to haves:
- Certifications: AWS Associate Solution Architect, CCENT or CCNA
- Advanced analysis of packet capture (Wireshark, tcpdumps etc)
- Knowledge of Containerization solutions (Kubernetes and Docker)
- Familiarity with Database concepts (tables, views, ERDs, etc)
- Experience with Appian development
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided