Standard is building a highly scalable and versatile platform-as-a-service architecture. We deploy a variety of algorithms to the cloud in a live-inference setting with high-throughput demands and must do so in a scalable, efficient way for all of our stores. This role is a unique opportunity to work at the cutting edge of building systems and tools that empower machine learning at scale. We're looking for someone passionate about infrastructure development and production engineering to help perfect and scale our system to hundreds of stores. You will design and build high-quality production systems that drive key improvements to our platform-as-a-service architecture. You’ll be working with a group of brilliant and highly skilled engineers. If this sounds like fun, we'd love to hear from you!
This is a FULL TIME remote position located in the US.
What you'll do here:
Use your product mindset to design, develop, and maintain infrastructure, in particular:
- Design, develop, and maintain secure infrastructure for real-time and on-demand computer vision inference pipelines, backend services, and frontend apps in the cloud.
- Design, develop, and maintain infrastructure to provide developers with a safe and friction-less development, build and testing environments in the cloud.
- Plan for and optimize our infrastructure for security, scale, usability, and cost.
- Automate infrastructure using configuration-as-code to enable efficient scaling.
- Work closely with other engineering teams to understand needs and help us deliver solutions to our customers.
- Mentor junior engineers and help establish best practices across the organization.
Who you are:
- You have experience building cloud infrastructure as a product that serves its users.
- You have experience with GCP (preferred), AWS, or Azure cloud infrastructure.
- Container platforms: Docker, Kubernetes.
- CI/CD platforms: Jenkins, GCP Cloud Build, Github Actions.
- Orchestration tools: Terraform and Terragrunt.
- Artifact platforms: Nexus, Artifactory.
- Languages: Bash, Python, Go, Rust.
- Message Queues: Pub/Sub, SQS, SNS.
- Configuration management tools: Ansible, Salt.
- Experience with Kubernetes or related automation / orchestration tools.
- Experience with domain driven design and architecting systems that are easy to change.
Optionally, you are also:
Excellent in solving software design problems and debugging.
Experienced in building highly available cloud applications.
Only meet some of these traits or experiences? We'd still love to hear from you!
Why you might want to work with us:
- We offer very competitive compensation. The target starting compensation range for this role is base salary $185k - $225k + stock options + benefits. The total compensation package will depend on multiple factors such as location, level, related experience and interview performance.
We take care of you and your family with health, vision, and dental insurance.
You will have the option to contribute to a 401k.
You're excited to work on a product that will impact almost any consumer, almost anywhere.
Standard is a remote first company. We trust you to get your job done in the location that works best for you.
We believe in a culture of learning, and want to keep building our skills, experiences, and capabilities.
We offer flexible work schedules. We trust our team to know how they will do their best work.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided