At Propel, our mission is to build modern, respectful, and effective financial tools for low-income Americans. Over 6 million people use our app, Providers, to manage the benefits they use to keep their family well-fed and healthy, stay up to date on critical government programs, save money and earn income. Read more about the impact of Providers here. Now we’ve expanded further into the financial services space, offering the best banking option for low-income Americans.
We’re looking for a stellar DevOps Engineer to join our team and uplevel our overall developer experience. You’ll work with our engineering team to automate workflows, develop testing and deployment infrastructure, enhance CI/CD practices and tooling, improve our engineering security practices, and teach us how to better use our existing tools, like Jenkins. If you’re experienced and interested in software infrastructure development and ready to work towards improving the lives of low-income Americans, we’d love to talk!
Propel is a for-profit software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, Serena Williams, and Nas.
- An immediate opportunity to make an impact
- A get-stuff-done and fun and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- A remote first working environment with an HQ in Brooklyn, an office in Salt Lake City, and satellite offices in San Francisco + Los Angeles. Team meets quarterly in-person for optional retreats and on-sites.
- 20 Days of PTO
- $10k lifetime spend towards Carrot Fertility
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision options
- Free access to Ginger mental health, Gympass, Headspace, One Medical, Rightway, Sofi, and Spring Health
- Propel believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and equitably. We set our salary ranges using compensation data from hundreds of NYC based startups at our stage. Additionally, pay is not determined based on candidate location. The salary range for this position is $195,000-$235,000, depending on experience. In addition to salary, we also offer equity and a full benefits package!
What you’ll do:
- Manage cloud infrastructure using tools like Terraform and Ansible
- Provision and support our services with Postgres, Redis, Kafka & Elasticsearch
- Improve our tooling and best practices around CI/CD and Jenkins
- Enhance the software development experience and ensure that we’re building a great support system for engineers
- Setup and/or maintain systems for monitoring, alerting and observability.
- Audit our system and determine new tools and services that may better fit our needs
- Facilitate conversations around DevOps roadmap and coordinate DevOps initiatives
- Be a member of our on-call rotation for outages and system issues
What you have:
- 5+ years experience in DevOps or Systems Engineering
- Prior experience working with AWS technologies and Kubernetes
- Prior experience using monitoring tools, such as Datadog
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language such as Python or Java
- Problem solving and investigative skills to resolve complex production issues
- Prior experience with any of the following is a plus: Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins+Groovy, Istio, Helm, Docker, Prometheus, Linux
- Experience with setting up identity management (SSO, SAML, Oauth2) is a plus
- You connect with our mission of improving the livelihoods of low income Americans
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided