Our customers are at the forefront of some of the most interesting data in the world, using SingleStoreDB to push the boundaries every day. To do this well, they leverage the expertise of our Support Engineering Team, composed of technical subject-matter experts on the frontlines of critical customer issues.
To accurately identify the source and solution of an issue, this team will take the time to learn about the customer’s business and systems while helping to improve their fundamental SingleStoreDB and database operational knowledge. This often requires additional research and time spent on learning new technologies and tools outside SingleStoreDB while also being deeply engaged with multiple departments including development teams, query performance engineering, product management, infrastructure SREs, etc.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide email and live technical support to our enterprise customers, acting as the first-line-of-defense for complex technical issues, bug diagnosis, or resolving critical outages.
- Identify and reproduce product issues and submit formal bug reports or feature requests to the appropriate Engineering team.
- Collaborate with software developers, sales engineers, and technical account managers to keep all teams up to date with current issues a customer may be facing.
- Work to streamline and improve various Support and Engineering processes and tools, author new internal run-books or public documentation, and help the team continually improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participate in our on-call rotation that includes weekends and holidays.
Required Skills and Experience
- + years of previous customer-facing or technical support experience, ideally at an advanced level.
- Experience with SQL databases and advanced SQL Query Optimization. You should be familiar enough with at least one commercial or open-source database to decipher its EXPLAIN plan and understand potential performance impact or ways to improve the query.
- A solid DevOps/sysadmin skill set. That means you are hands-on with Linux and you know three ways to find a file, check utilization of system I/O, measure network throughput, and are comfortable navigating large log files. Bonus points for familiarity with Kubernetes.
- Experience with a scripting or coding language. Whether it’s Python, Bash, or Go, you should have a go-to solution for quick and dirty problem-solving and be able to navigate through our code base.
- Familiarity with distributed systems and AWS/GCP. You understand how organizations deploy and maintain distributed applications and services across multiple machines, Bonus points for knowing how to analyze them for performance bottlenecks and remove single points of failure.
Company Wide Benefits
- Technology Stipend for New Employees
- Monthly Cell Phone and Internet Stipend
- Health and Wellness benefit
- Remote Friendly policies
- If work from office is preferred, then in-office catered lunches and monthly meal/snack allowance
- Company and team events
- Flexible time off
- Volunteer time off
- US Stock Options
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built, so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens,
embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Sunnyvale, Seattle, Boston, London, Lisbon, Bangalore, Dublin and Kyiv. Defining the future starts with The Single Database for All Data-Intensive Applications.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
Please note that SingleStore’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that team members in the United States be fully vaccinated, including a booster shot with one of the United States FDA-approved vaccine options to meet in person for SingleStore business or to work from one of our U.S. office locations. [It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role]. If an exemption and/or accommodation to our vaccination policy is requested, a member of the Human Resources department will be available to begin the interactive accommodation process.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided