As a Devops Engineer on the DevX (developer experience) team you’ll focus on writing internal tools for our engineering teams to help reduce pain points of day to day development. Our guiding principle is to help engineers efficiently release high-quality, secure code.
On the DevX team you’ll have the opportunity to impact the full cycle of development. We help engineers with onboarding, managing their development environments, interacting with our infrastructure (Kubernetes, GCP, Postgres) and codebase, and to efficiently release high-quality code to production.
Our teams are passionate about supporting new employees and growing a diverse culture of ideas and collaboration. Our work is about using artificial intelligence to unlock creative potential. We see AI as a partner to creatives that can get them through writer’s block, over hurdles and out of the content hamster wheel. Ai should empower content creators to do their best work and get time and mental space back for new ideas. Our target market is composed of creatives (writers, designers, content marketers) and content-forward companies.
The role is open to candidates located in the US and can be remote within the United States. We have offices in Austin, TX and Salt Lake City, UT with employees based across the US. We've built a strong foundation to support remote employees' engagement with other teams. We have a mix of experience levels and backgrounds, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing, mentoring and career growth.
What you’ll do at Jasper
- Build and maintain internal tools that increase developer efficiency, quality, and satisfaction (like an internal CLI)
- Provide infrastructure and tooling support for dev teams
- Build and improve CI/CD process
- As a Devops engineer on the DevX team, you’ll work closely with engineers to gather feedback and identify improvements to our process
What you will bring to Jasper
- 3+ years of software engineering or Devops experience
- Passion for building a world class developer experience
- Experience working closely with engineers and gathering feedback on internal processes
- Experience with containerization (Docker) and orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Experience with systems language (Rust or Golang) or a scripting language like (Python)
- Experience with cloud platforms (GCP) and IaC (Terraform and Helm)
At Jasper, we believe in pay transparency and are committed to providing our employees and candidates with access to information about our compensation practices. The expected base salary range at offer for this role is $149,000- $170,000. Compensation may vary based on relevant experience, skills, competencies and certifications.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage beginning on first day for our employees and families (Jasper.ai covers 100% of the premium for employees).
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) program with company matching,
- Monthly wellness reimbursement and flexible time-off to encourage a healthy work-life balance
- Generous budget for home office set up
- Learning and development opportunities
- Paid parental leave
- Travel perk program
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided