About the role
The engineering manager for Hybrid Cloud will be driving one of Sentry’s strategic initiatives oriented at opening new markets and enabling our largest customers with data residency. This manager will lead a team of strong engineers to transform Sentry into a performant, large scale, and globally distributed system.
This is an execution oriented role. Manager roles at Sentry are hands-on. You will support your team and engage with the rest of the company in all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
In this role you will
- Build efficient cross functional project execution plans and deliver large scopes of work on reasonable, but aggressive timelines
- Serve as the technical backstop of the engineering team, guiding strong technical decision making, and helping to resolve technical issues at the decision making layer
- Drive execution by determining the shortest path to our goals, removing blockers for your team, and building efficient processes to measure progress and move the needle
- Support and motivate your team with mentorship, career guidance, and promotion criteria
- Ensure Sentry maintains a high bar for engineering talent
- Contribute to project execution as necessary
You’ll love this job if you
- Enjoy guiding a strong technical team so that they can bring their best selves to work everyday
- Have a deep empathy for developers and a passion for helping to alleviate their pain points
- Thrive in cross-functional environments, collaborating with individuals across many disciplines to deliver the best solutions possible
- Are a natural prioritizer, and find enjoyment in ensuring that everyone is contributing toward the same goals
- Have experience with large scale distributed systems and infrastructure
- Are familiar with cloud infrastructure/Infrastructure as a Service platforms (e.g., AWS or GCP)
- 3+ years experience managing a full or partially-remote diverse engineering team of at least 5 individuals. 5+ years as an IC.
- Proven experience working on a high scale software systems used by a large number of users
- Familiarity with Python, GoLang, Rust or other system-level programming languages
- A history of interfacing with internal non-engineering teams (e.g., product, design, revenue, etc) to unblock initiatives and accomplish business goals
- Experience with scoping work, performing resource allocation, and establishing engineering milestones and delivery dates
- Experience growing technical teams through direct hiring and a strong sense of how to optimize a growing technical team for success
- Strong familiarity with design patterns, python, celery, kafka, and relational databases
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered
The base salary range (or hourly wage range, if applicable) that Sentry reasonably expects to pay for this position is $100,000 to $240,000. A successful candidate’s actual base salary (or hourly wage) amount will be determined by a variety of relevant factors including, without limitation, the candidate’s work location, education, work and other relevant experience, skills, and job-related knowledge. A successful candidate will be eligible to participate in Sentry’s employee benefit plans/programs applicable to the candidate’s position (including incentive compensation, equity grants, paid time off, and group health insurance coverage). See Sentry Benefits for more details about the Company’s benefit plans/programs.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided