We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join us here at GWI. Not just any DevOps Engineer though. Someone ambitious and genuine, who works best in the midst of a collaborative and forward-thinking team. That’s because as a GWIer you’ll be immersed in the fast-moving world of data tech. We think big to make an impact, we’re not afraid to ask why, and we always show respect. Those values are what got us where we are today, and they’re a big part of what we’re looking for in you.
About the job
At GWI we understand that software engineering is a multidisciplinary field that requires a team effort. As such, our focus in building our teams is on finding passionate and hard-working individuals from different backgrounds and areas of expertise and bringing them together to work on a host of challenging and interesting problems. This position offers the opportunity to have real impact in a dynamic, technology-focused company with a mission to:
- Provision and operate cloud-based, immutable infrastructure in GCP using Terraform
- Serve as platform expert for the Business Intelligence department
- Improve our services and internal toolsets through constant evolution and performance monitoring
- Collaborate with other team members to accelerate the software development and integration processes
- Promote a culture of automation, transparency, and accountability
This means that on a day-to-day basis, as a DevOps engineer you will be responsible for infrastructure related code reviews, helping the rest of the engineering team applying best practices in DevOps related topics and work on the team's internal roadmap on cutting edge technologies.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage our Cloud Service Provider (GCP) using Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Develop tools and automations to make operations and deployments simpler and more robust
- Support, manage and maintain the infrastructure of the modern Business Data & Analytics team’s data platform
- Design, maintain and implement CI/CD pipelines for a range of applications
- Monitor and improve the performance of our systems
- Troubleshoot issues, do capacity planning, and analyse system performance
- Work in a cross-functional team with developers on solving technical problems
- Proactively identify security issues in the product and infrastructure and help addressing them when they arise
First things first, as a disruptor in the global market research industry, we haven’t come this far without entrepreneurial spirit and a get-up-and-go attitude. So, if you think we’ll see that in you, then you’re already halfway there. Here’s the rest of what we’d like you to bring to the table.
- Experience with at least one Cloud Service Provider (GCP ideally, AWS or Azure)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code software tools (Terraform)
- Experience with container technologies (Docker) and orchestrators (Kubernetes)
- Experience in at least one industry standard CI/CD platform (GitHub Actions, GitLab CI, CircleCI)
- Passion and experience on performance and scalability of web applications
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with the setup of data orchestration tools (Airflow, Dagster, Prefect)
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems (Prometheus, Grafana)
- Experience with the Helm package manager for Kubernetes
Great benefits make a big difference. Not just to employees, but to the whole vibe of a business. That’s why when you work for us, you’ll enjoy a full spectrum of generous perks, rewards and office benefits - all in line with Covid-19 guidelines of course.
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus
- Generous training budget, including a fully paid international conference each year
- 25 days holiday and Christmas office closure days on top
- Allocated shares according to GWI’s share scheme
- A range of discounts and freebies
- LinkedIn Learning and ongoing Learning and Development opportunities
- Enhanced primary caregiver and co-caregiver’s benefits
- Flexitime and a great work-life balance
- Private health insurance plan
- Referral bonus scheme
- Mobile phone contract
- Early finishes on Fridays
- A well-stocked fridge and plenty of snacks (some healthy, some not so healthy)
- Restaurant Ticket card option
- Commit a working day to charity each year
- Social activities and team outings
Who we are
GWI was founded with the knowledge that understanding your audience is really important for business. When you know who you’re speaking to and why, you can create content and campaigns that stand out to the people that matter.
Through our global online survey, we gather data on the behaviour and perceptions of consumers across the world. This provides businesses with deep, actionable insights on their audience, revealed from data they trust.
It’s been going well, too. Since launching in 2009, we’ve become one of the UK’s fastest growing target audience companies. We’re not about to stop growing any time soon. As a business, we’re on a mission to re-engineer data-driven marketing, and we’re on the lookout for talented people to join us.
Diversity & Inclusion
Imagine if our data came from just one kind of person. We’d get a very nuanced view of the world. And we definitely wouldn’t have got off the ground as a business.
Although things certainly aren't perfect, we live in a society where differences are increasingly celebrated – so we’d expect nothing else from our teams. In fact, the GWI office is as diverse as our global data, it’s really important to us that it stays that way. That means whatever your race, religion, sexual orientation or gender, this is a place to feel at home, express yourself freely and make your mark.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided