Why this role
The Senior Cloud Engineer will be a hands-on technology expert that plays a key role in identifying, building and maintaining developer tooling systems that enable Evolve engineering teams to scale quickly.
This role will provide expert leadership and cloud architecture expertise, collaborating closely with the DevOps team focusing on delivering value to our engineering and product partners.
This role requires experience building custom cloud solutions for modern web applications with modern cloud-based technologies. Candidates must be comfortable contributing to strategy as well as contributing tactically to the ecosystem and tools used by development teams.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and maintain tools for automation to reduce operational friction and increase engineering efficiency.
- Manage multiple development, test, and production infrastructures with AWS and CI/CD pipelines.
- Collaborate across teams to identify cloud needs and deliver solutions in a timely manner.
- Research, document, and build proof-of-concepts for potential solutions to tooling changes.
- Ensure that all solutions follow security and compliance controls.
- Create and maintain relevant domains within AWS including, but not limited to, accounts, application monitoring, networking, and cost efficiency.
- Integrate AWS into a variety of databases, platforms and services used by Evolve engineering teams.
- Research promising new tools and technologies that allow the team to experiment and evolve.
What makes you a great fit
- 6+ years relevant technical experience In Cloud Architecture or Cloud Engineering Roles.
- 4+ years operating and managing AWS infrastructure.
- Success in having provided technical leadership as a senior member of a development team.
- Certifications in AWS and/or other cloud based technologies preferred.
- AWS expertise (EC2, Accounts, VPC, Security Groups, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Load Balancer, etc.).
- Understanding of modern AWS best practices and how to implement them.
- Can debug problems that span across systems, and design solutions that span the whole stack.
- Experience with container services.
- Experience with Jira, Git and Confluence.
- Ability to identify and prioritize work in a manner that is in alignment with the needs of the organization.
- Experience as an active participant in design sprints and the ability to prototype quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous success working in a Scrum environment as well as experience working with Agile and Lean methodologies.
- Dedication to learning and always striving to improve.
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado, in our beautiful downtown Denver office, remotely or a hybrid of both! As we grow, we are working towards opening remote opportunities across the entire U.S. We currently are able to hire across the U.S except in the following locations: California, District of Columbia, Hawaii, New Jersey, New Mexico, and Pennsylvania.
For this role our salary range is $136,000 to $176,000, depending on relevant experience. This role will also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on both company and individual performance.
Additional comp details:
Equity: 50% of salary equivalent RSUs
Variable comp: 10% of salary target
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided