Director of Cloud Engineering
Summary of Responsibilities:
- As a lead of our cloud team, you will be responsible for architecting scalable, secure and high performance web applications with both frontend and backend components interfacing with thousands of IoT devices.
- You will help to make critical design decisions with appropriate trade-offs and deliver the implementation with speed and quality.
- You will lead the current cloud team and help scale the team to be able to meet future company goals.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Experience leading a cloud development team, frontend, backend and devops within a startup culture and help us scale by orders of magnitude to support thousands of devices.
- Strong technical experience in one or more of the following areas; IoT, data science, geospatial data, video processing or AI
- Expert knowledge of computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- 10+ years software engineering roles with a track record of successful delivery of production quality web services at large scale
- Strong experience working with cloud services - AWS, Microservices, Dockers and Kubernetes
- Strong experience with developing and integrating with highly secure REST APIs
- Experience working with all layers architecture such as databases, memory caches, message queues etc.
- Experience with using web application development using Golang, React JS or similar.
- Absolutely fanatical about performance, automation and instrumentation. Ability to decompose complex distributed systems and quickly pinpoint issues. Experience with TDD, devOPS, CI/CD etc.
- Prior start-up experience, growing from a small to medium sized cloud.
- Experience with using DeepLearning Frameworks such as PyTorch or TensorFlow to run large scale (batched) data processing pipelines in the cloud
- Experience with Geo-spatial databases such as PostgreSQL
- Experience architecting backend for (mobile) IoT devices
- 200,000 -230,000 base salary
- Considerable equity package
- Extensive wide ranging health benefits
- Company wide bonus program
- 401k with match program
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided