TaxBit is helping to drive mainstream adoption of digital assets by connecting the consumer, enterprise, and government tax and accounting ecosystems.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting experience across traditional and digital asset classes. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading exchanges and enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve complex accounting problems at scale and ensure compliance with the latest tax laws. TaxBit investors include Haun Ventures, IVP, Insight Partners, Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington, D.C.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
The DevOps engineer is an integral part of the growing DevOps organization of TaxBit, Inc. This position plays a pivotal role in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of the infrastructure and deployment of TaxBit’s application portfolio and services. The DevOps engineer partners with Engineering teams to ensure they follow CI/CI and Infra-as-code best practices.
As a Principal engineer at TaxBit, you should be passionate about building high quality software. You are comfortable working autonomously and eager to collaborate with teams. You are looking to gain experience in multiple parts of the stack and innovate with new technologies in order to create high quality experiences for our customers and clients.
You will help to implement software solutions in an effort to deliver amazing experiences and capabilities for our customers and clients. The ideal engineer is someone who is humble, eager to learn, smart and dives into problems. They will be one who can inspire others, communicate clearly, and ensure that our clients have the best experience possible.
- Help us design and implement an active-active cloud infrastructure that can scale with our tremendous growth
- Help us automate environment creation using infra-as-code
- Create alerts and dashboards to provide visibility into the health of our systems
- Help our services maintain 4 9s of uptime that are also performant
- 10+ years experience building, provisioning, and operating highly-available and complex services in AWS, GCP, or Azure (preferably AWS)
- 5+ years of programming experience (Node.js or Python preferred)
- Solid working knowledge of Linux and an expert with bash
- Demonstrable experience of using Docker and general containerization
- Advanced experience creating Infrastructure as Code (IaC) (Terraform, Cloud Formation, Serverless, SAM)
- Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines and processes
- Experience with observability monitoring tools (Datadog, New Relic, Grafana, Cloudwatch, etc.)
- Experience with config management tools such as Ansible or Saltstack
- Experience administering databases (DynamoDB, Postgresql, MySQL, etc.)
- Comfortable being in an on-call rotation
- Familiarity with cloud security best practices to ensure our data remains secure
- AWS Certificates - Associate or Professional
- A keen interest in automating all aspects of your job
- CircleCI experience
- Serverless stack experience (API GW, Lambda, DynamoDB)
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided