About the job
No matter which apps you use, there’s a good chance that you’ve seen Testlio’s work in action. We test apps for top brands like the NBA, Paramount+, Netflix, Microsoft, SAP, and Amazon, as well as the most popular social networks and innovative growth companies. Our testing management platform, a global network of expert testers, and client services power mobile app and software testing at any scale, in any location, in any language, and on any device. Billions of people have a better digital experience thanks to Testlio.
As a DevOps Manager you will play a key role as a cross-functional leader driving Testlio cloud infrastructure, platform development operations and data operations. As a Manager, you will lead your direct teams deliverables and partner with peer groups to drive various initiatives. Establish processes to deliver scalable and highly available infrastructure that follows the latest information security and architecture principles, keep Testlio modern. In navigating and guiding infrastructure you are also leading data operations, both infrastructure and engineering, to deliver Testlio data platform solution domain. Within your team you partner with CyberSecurity Manager to establish well documented and practiced security policies. You have a good understanding of well streamlined DevOps processes for development lifecycle and more – you are passionate about secure, scalable and highly available systems within a cost-efficient modeI.
Why you will love this job?
- People – ability to work with passionate people and have fun together.
- Challenging – work with your direct team and peer groups to create multi-region cloud infrastructure, across continents, and create toolings for environment access, infrastructure management and extending potentially with hybrid cloud (like on-prem devices).
- Impact – grow the team by partnering and hiring, scale up operations and impact to the business measured by throughput, dependency management and engaging roadmaps.
- Innovate – help create cost optimal infrastructure for multi-region setup, purposely designed for cloud applications, data connections with high reliability and security.
Why you will love being a part of Testlio?
- A true sense of belonging: the TestLion Pride is a global community of like-minded people who live Testlio’s six values every day. We’re deliberate about building our community with virtual events and activities that keep us connected across the globe.
- Growth through learning: knowledge exchange and learning are central to working at Testlio. You’ll find that motivated, experienced TestLions with diverse backgrounds can always introduce you to new perspectives. With unlimited Udemy access and custom-made courses, you've got the perfect environment for both personal and professional development.
- Enable human possibilities: your work at Testlio has a larger purpose. As a TestLion you will not only help our customers create well-built digital experiences for their users, but also create opportunities for Testlio's freelance network, and support social impact programs like Ignite.
- Freedom to roam: Testlio is a global company that embraces flexibility. You'll have room to work wherever within your region's main time zones. We also want to make sure you can take time off from work to rest. We honor national holidays in your home nation, and provide a generous number of days off, including personal wellness days.
What would your day look like:
- Lead and manage infrastructure engineering to support product, data and AI based solutions.
- Lead and manage data infrastructure and data engineering to build Testlio Data Platform that includes Data Warehouse, Data Lake, ETL infrastructure, AWS Batch or similar.
- Drive and establish cloud infrastructure to support product, data and ML pipelines initiatives.
- Own infrastructure costs modelling and optimization, partner with CTO.
- Create, maintain and support Testlio’s SDLC DevOps toolchain, like source code management tools, CI/CD tools, monitoring, infrastructure as code (IaC), releasing and other tools for practicing DevOps and Agile development.
- Own, operate and maintain your team's services across all development environments, including production. Participate in monitoring on-call routine.
- Work with the CTO, Engineering Managers and others to deliver a clear technology infrastructure strategy to support Testlio’s products and architecture.
- Own and support platform resiliency program (highly available, multi-region, secure, modern).
- Drive metric driven systems and be data-driven in decision making and leading teams.
- Be hands on up to 50% to help and support the team to achieve goals and grow.
What you need to succeed?
- A university degree in an information technology subject, MSc preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in building and managing teams, being people manager.
- 10+ years of experience in software infrastructure development and engineering.
- Strong deep knowledge in one of the areas - DevOps, DataOps or MLOps - is a must.
- Track record of building highly technical teams.
- Track record of building cost efficient and modern infrastructure for cloud applications.
- AWS experience is a must have. Some experience with Azure and Google Cloud will be a plus.
- Fluent in English. Great communication skills. Being able to present to stakeholders.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
You can find more information and already get some insights about our Platform team here.
Diversity and Inclusion
Testlio is a female-founded, equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and cultures.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided