Do you like…
…to effect change using Agile/Lean/DevOps processes?
…to create innovative ways to solve problems?
…getting hands-on with leading technologies?
…the challenge of exploring and building something new?
If so, join MEMIC’s Information Technology Department as our next Sr. DevOps Engineer. We need innovators like you to help us transform the company.
The Senior DevOps Engineer collaborates with the architects and IT leaders to define and execute MEMIC’s tactical plan. The incumbent will streamline the delivery of software and configuration, and enable continuous improvement through automation and integration. Working in collaboration with IT development and infrastructure teams, the incumbent implements and maintains automation toolsets for configuration management, infrastructure, and application deployment processes. Working with the Product Team leads and managers on the team, the incumbent manages, implements and provides cross-training of monitoring systems.
The Senior Engineer provides recommendations and expertise for synergies in a hybrid cloud environment, keeping abreast of new technologies, and is a subject matter expert to help other IT staff grow and learn.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the identification of viable solutions for system integrations that meet the needs of the company and align with our strategic goals.
- Support small or large, complex application deployments, configuration settings, and database migrations using the automated deployment systems and scripting tools.
- Serve as a primary point of contact and subject matter expert for web application deployment related issues, concerns, and needs.
- Manage, develop, and implement solutions to further expand our use of deployment and test automation technology across the organization in accordance with business objectives.
- Recommend, implement, and maintain continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline templates and best practices.
- Interact with other IT teams to share technical expertise.
- Effectively translate use cases and requirements into repeatable processes and system designs.
- Assist and provide technical quality oversight at various points throughout a project lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field plus 5 or more years of experience working with CI/CD, security and compliance automation, or an equivalent combination required.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups. Demonstrated ability to build consensus among many stakeholders.
- Experience automating deployments with Azure DevOps required. Proficiency with PowerShell and other scripting languages preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ combined experience with the big 3 cloud vendors with at least 1 year of experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud services and automating through IaaS, services such as but not limited to Azure AD, API Management Layer, Azure Functions, Containerization with Kubernetes (AKS).
- Familiarity with .NET and ASP.NET web application development and administration required.
- Proficiency with SQL Server 2012 or higher and Microsoft Windows Server technologies including Internet Information Server (IIS) is required.
- Experience working with source control systems such as Git or TFS in a team environment is required.
- Involvement with the Software Development Life Cycle from problem definition, requirements definition, design, development, testing, and implementation; including agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver on customer expectations by producing high quality products in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must be resourceful, creative, and outcomes-oriented, with the ability to take initiative and address problems cooperatively.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes all traditional offerings such as:
- Health Insurance options, Dental Insurance options and Vision Insurance
- Employee Life Insurance/AD&D and Dependent Life Insurance options
- Short-term & Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Account with potential employer match
- Flexible Medical and Dependent Care Account
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal/Identify Theft Insurance options
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan with match up to 5%, plus profit sharing & discretionary contributions (subject to vesting)
- 5 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 7 paid holidays
We also offer other benefits to help foster a healthy, balance lifestyle such as:
- Flextime schedules
- Paid Parental Leave
- Student loan paydown and refinancing assistance
- Educational assistance for job related courses, seminars, certifications or degrees
- One paid day every year to volunteer for your non-profit of choice
- On-site fitness center (Maine & Virginia) or fitness reimbursement
- Subsidized parking
- Sit-Stand desks & daily stretch breaks
MEMIC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. MEMIC is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
MEMIC is a safety company; therefore we require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless an employee is allowed an exemption from this requirement due to a reasonable accommodation for legally protected medical or religious reasons.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided