We’re not like others, and neither are you. Unify Consulting is a collective of genuine, curious, seasoned consultants who unlock potential and deliver with purpose and excellence. We unify daring leaders to better the world and are always seeking co-creators, community-builders and truth-tellers who strive to multiply our positive impact.
What Unify offers you:
Unify is a management consulting firm that features consultants who enjoy helping others grow into their best selves. We take a humanistic, collaborative approach to creating meaningful and measurable solutions for our clients.
Our Consultants get exposure to many industries and technologies, and are encouraged to build trusted advisor relationships with our clients and each other.
Cloud Security and the Security, Privacy and Compliance (SPC) group at Unify:
Cloud Security consultants help our clients build a security-first culture. Cloud security work involves reviewing customer configuration and architecture and providing tactical and strategic guidance. Consultants find the problem, map solutions and document them for implementation.
SPC Consultants help solve complex and pressing problems working with the teams of our Fortune 500 clients. Consultants get a wide variety of projects to choose from, and we support career growth & learning new skills, including paying for certifications.
The Security, Privacy and Compliance team at our company is newer and growing, so there is wide opportunity to help build things out for those interested. We are interested to hear about any experience you have working in the tech industry as we have a growing list of tech clients.
What you’ll do as a Cloud Security consultant:
· Work with customer functional-area architects, engineering, and security specialists throughout the company to define and implement security policies, standards, and best practices
· Develop effective security controls that support company defined security standards
· Advise, educate, and mentor stakeholders on matters of compliance and security, particularly network infrastructure, cloud configuration, identity and access management, secure process design, and security program management
Monitoring & Alerting
· Evaluate alerts and events from security tools; configuration tuning to minimize false positives
· Develop incident response documentation and processes, and escalation parameters
Audit & Analysis
· Experience with one or more industry standard security reference control frameworks: NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, ISO 27001, Cloud Security Foundation CSM, HIPAA, HITRUST, PCI-DSS
· Perform security control audit and gap analysis, including risk evaluation, risk registration, and executive reporting
· Analyze cloud services security configurations and provide vulnerability reports
· Support vendor and partner security assessments
Security Gap Remediation
· Remediation planning to address security gap backlogs, including issue aggregation and shift-left strategies
· Collaborate with DevOps to automate solutions in build pipelines and in production environments
Qualifications:5+ years of experience in security [We’d adjust for Level 1 or 2] Demonstrable ability at designing secure cloud architecture in least one cloud vendor (GCP, AWS, or Azure)Experience with the compliance pipeline as a security control owner, control performer, or control auditor.
Preferred skills: Experience with the compliance pipeline Familiar with standard security frameworks such as NIST, ISO27001, HIPAA-HITRUST or PCI-DSS Licenses or certifications relevant to the position like: AWS, Azure, GCP, CISSP, CCSP, GPCS, CCSK, CISM, CSSP, CISA are a plus Strong infrastructure knowledge is helpful Consulting related skills: able to work with developers, experience leading and mentoring technical teams in cloud security, experience at leading without authority and quickly becoming a trusted advisor.Penetration testing for cloud systems and web apps
Benefits and Perks include
· Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
· Once you start your first project, Unify offers a $1k laptop reimbursement for the laptop of your choice, good for every 3 years, that’s yours to keep forever.
· We offer 3 weeks (15 days) of paid vacation (additional unpaid time off can be taken), 8 paid federal holidays, a fully paid bench (no change in salary if you are between projects), and 401k matching at around 3% beginning after one year of employment (discretionary match based on company performance and employee participation).
· Training & Development reimbursement of 50% up to $1500, available after 3 months of employment.
· Pre-Tax Commuter Benefit Program where you can defer up to $530/month for transit and parking costs.
This position is eligible for remote work from the following states only: AZ, CA, IL, MA, MN, ND, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, and WI. You must reside or be willing to relocate to one of the approved listed states. Unify Consulting does not offer relocation assistance.
Visa sponsorship not available.
Contact your recruiter with any questions or if you’d like to request reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process.
Starting salary offered is determined on non-discriminatory factors, including relevant experience, qualifications and location.
Unify Consulting, LCC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. Unify considers applicants regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, genetics, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, gender, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.