What We Do
We enable Epic’s online services teams to build, deploy, and manage services that are used by more than half a billion players around the world. Our mission is to provide world class tools and platforms to improve the experience of our developers and make it easier, faster, and safer to build, operate, and scale their applications. We operate at massive scale as one of the largest cloud computing users in the world.
What You'll Do
As a Senior Cloud Engineer in the DevX organization you will work on the Cloud Service Framework and Interfaces that enable streamlined application and service development on top of our Cloud Infrastructure. As a customer centric engineering organization, you’ll work closely with our customers ensuring fast turn around of feature requests and bug fixes. You will be working on capabilities that will reduce engineering effort around provision, deploy, configure, update and repair activities during the lifecycle of an application, game or service. You will work with multiple teams across multiple locations globally.
In this role, you will
- Develop high quality, stable code for use in web services, libraries and tools
- Write and publish RFCs, design specifications and developer documentation
- Problem solve at every layer of the technology stack
- Participate in bottom up planning around release schedules, workload and priority
- Design for privacy, security, compliance, high availability, performance and resilience across all web services and infrastructure capabilities
What we're looking for
- Expert developer in Java, C/C++, Golang or Rust
- Extensive knowledge of leveraging AWS and Kubernetes to build micro services
- Strong web services engineering skills; REST, GraphQL, gRPC, JSON, OAuth
- Top notch communication, collaborative problem solving and design skills
- Passionate about solving deep technical problems and reducing duplicated efforts
- Intense focus on customer challenges and needs
This job is open to multiple locations (including CA and WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided