We want to make work and study more efficient and enjoyable, by providing the best digital paper solution possible. We plan to be the go-to tool for all forms of notes. Our digital paper and learning ecosystem inspires anyone to take notes, share what they know, collaborate with others, and learn as a community.
—Be visionary, strategic, and open to innovation
Build great things
—Work in service of our users, always improving and pushing higher
—Take responsibility with bold decision-making and bias for action
Win like a sports team
—Be trusting and collaborative while empowering others
Learn and grow fast
—Never stop learning and iterate fast
Share our passion
—Share ideas and practice enthusiasm and joy
About the team:
You will join a distributed team across Europe and Asia with shared time for collaboration such as planning, retros, stand-ups, and brainstorming sessions. The team builds a platform for dozen of millions of active users to share knowledge and enrich their minds, but also have fun learning with useful templates, and cool stickers. You will use a broad and modern tech stack with:
Monitoring and Logging
We are currently using Datadog for monitoring and logging. Metrics are collected across our agents, taken from the logs using metric filters, and updated directly from lambda function or the application.
Most of our infrastructure is written with Terraform
CI/CD: We are currently using TravisCI and GitHub Actions for our backend applications, and CircleCI for our iOS applications.
We have multiple EKS clusters set up either for Blue/Green rollouts or dedicated feature sets. We are currently updating these clusters using ArgoCD and Atlantis.
Our main database is a self-managed cockroachdb cluster running on EKS.
We believe in automating ourselves out of our jobs.
About the role:
This is the role for you, if you’re excited to work on the things listed below:
- Lead the new development of our infrastructure for the China market.
- Educate the various teams on DevOps and SRE best practices. Aid them from designing, capacity planning, to rolling out new features.
- Ensure that our infrastructure adheres to Dickerson’s Hierarchy of Reliability.
- Contribute to the growth of our global infrastructure supporting our new cross-platform deployment
- Be ready to be part of an on-call rotation for infrastructure, and higher-level escalation for applications
- System monitoring, health reporting, and logging
- Help to design and implement security, assist in maintaining information security practices and procedures
The skills you will need to be successful in the above:
- Strong understanding of Linux and Networking fundamentals
- Strong understanding of network and container security
- Strong experience in working with AWS products and at least one Chinese Cloud provider ( AWS China, Tencent or Alicloud)
- Experience in Back-end development, using and creating APIs using a modern language such as Python, Typescript, Java or Go
- Strong experience in building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines, ideally Terraform and Kubernetes/EKS and monitoring tools
- Strong experience with Relational and Non-relational database management, backup and restore
- Experience with system monitoring tools
Even if you don’t meet all the criteria listed above, we would still love to hear from you! GoodNotes places a lot of value on learning and development and will support your growth if needed.
The interview process:
- An introductory call with someone from our talent acquisition team. They want to hear more about your background, what you are looking for, and why you’d like to join GoodNotes
- A Technical screening interview with our DevOps Manager
- A live coding call with one of our engineers. This is where you get to see what it would be like working at GoodNotes as well as the chance to ask any engineering questions you may have
- A call with your hiring manager. This is the person who will be managing you day to day, working on your growth and development with you as well as supporting you throughout your career at GoodNotes
- Values interview: validate the team and cultural fit with behavioral questions
What’s in it for you:
- Meaningful equity in a profitable tech-startup
- Budget for things like noise-cancelling headphones, setting up your home office, personal development, professional training, and health & wellness
- Sponsored visits to our Hong Kong or London office every 2 years
- Company-wide annual offsite
- Flexible working hours and location
- Medical insurance for you and your dependents
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided