WPP is the creative transformation company. We use the power of creativity to build better futures for our people, planet, clients and communities.
Working at WPP means being part of a global network of more than 109,000 accomplished people in 110 countries. We create transformative ideas and outcomes for its clients through an integrated offer of communications, experience, commerce, and technology. WPP and our award-winning agencies work with most of the world's biggest companies and organisations – from Ford, Unilever and P&G to Google, HSBC, and the UN.
WPP has headquarters in New York, London and Singapore and a corporate presence in major markets worldwide.
WPP IT provides IT services for WPP, the world’s largest communications services group. As a creative transformation company, WPP is helping its clients transform the future through extraordinary work. WPP IT is an integral part of that journey and we are proud to provide technology for some of the world’s most creative brands.
Why we're hiring:
WPP IT provides IT services for WPP, the world’s largest communications services group. As a creative transformation company, WPP is helping its clients transform the future through extraordinary work. WPP IT is an integral part of that journey, and we are proud to provide technology for some of the world’s most creative brands.
What you'll be doing:
- Working with a small team delivering cloud IaC solutions using Terraform to a variety of stakeholder and business units.
- Identify the most efficient way to implement the required technical solution.
- Identify opportunities for reuse and standardization so that solution can be built and maintain as efficiently as possible.
- Ensuring that all solutions are as secure a possible and have a minimal visible footprint
- Identify areas for code and process improvements.
- Working with the team to design solutions and working practices
- Identify new technologies that will enhance the capability of the team and the organisation.
- Work closely with engineering and automation QA team to support ongoing development.
- Perform post-development Quality Assurance testing to ensure functionality has been developed to required specifications.
- Support Product Owner & Technical Lead as key advisor by identifying system efficiencies and functionality enhancements that should be considered.
- Provide operational support for business users.
What you'll need:
- Education: Combination of education/experience that would enable incumbent to meet essential duties and required competencies.
- Personality and Working Practice: Team player, with good communication skills, analytical thinking, attention to detail and the ability to think about the big picture.
- Essential Experience and Knowledge:
- 5+ years of technology related roles, ideally infrastructure and Cloud
- 2+ years of DevOps related work.
- Strong technical skills creating IaC using Terraform.
- Extensive MS Azure experience ideally including ACR, AKS, APIM and application gateway.
- Agile process and tooling include DevOps, yaml CI/CD pipelines and Git.
- Creating highly secure environments with minimal public footprint.
- Desirable Experience and Knowledge:
- Knowledge / Experience of modern programing languages, understanding at least one of: Bash script, Python, Ruby, Perl, C, C++, Java, PowerShell
- Experience of Terraform for AWS/GCP cloud providers.
- Experience of application insights and or Log analytics
- Experience of creating and supporting multi solution infrastructure and deployment pipelines.
- Project Management Principles
- ITIL principles and these can be used within the team.
- Authentication and authorisation methods and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile scrum-based environments.
- Languages: very good English skills, any other language is a plus
Who you are:
You're open: We are inclusive and collaborative; we encourage the free exchange of ideas; we respect and celebrate diverse views. We are accepting: of new ideas, new partnerships, new ways of working.
You're optimistic: We believe in the power of creativity, technology and talent to create brighter futures or our people, our clients and our communities. We approach all that we do with conviction: to try the new and to seek the unexpected.
You're extraordinary: we are stronger together: through collaboration we achieve the amazing. We are creative leaders and pioneers of our industry; we provide extraordinary every day.
What we'll give you:
Passionate, inspired people – We promote a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
Scale and opportunity – We offer the opportunity to create, influence and complete projects at a scale that is unparalleled in the industry.
Challenging and stimulating work – Unique work and the opportunity to join a group of creative problem solvers. Are you up for the challenge?
If this role hasn’t captured your interest, that’s ok! Would you consider sharing your opinion?
At WPP, we’re always trying to improve our hiring process, so your feedback is appreciated. Don’t worry, all responses will not influence any future applications that you may make.
WPP is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided