Personal development and becoming the best you is all about growth and exploring new skills and opportunities – both in and out of the office. At Accruent, we call this Grow Without Limits, and we’re proud to offer each of our employees the resources, coaching and support necessary to achieve Growth Without Limits in their personal and professional lives. Explore where the path takes you.
Why you want to work for our DevOps team:
DevOps helps provide the bridge between the actions and efforts of our Engineering pods and Cloud Operations by helping to create automation that makes the build and deploy process of our applications efficient, reliable, and repeatable. The DevOps team is fundamental to creating effective automation and monitoring for to support regular, timely releases of our products and accurate operational monitoring.
Accruent is growing rapidly, and we’re looking to add another highly motivated, insatiably curious, DevOps minded Engineer to the team. DevOps is involved in nearly every aspect of software development within the company, and you’d be joining a group of forward-thinking, highly skilled engineers who each play a major role in the growth and development of the company. As an Associate DevOps Engineer, you will work alongside the Engineering organization to automate the provisioning of enterprise-level infrastructure and applications for reliability and scalability. You will play a key role in ensuring system and application uptime and reducing bugs; all to ultimately increase customer satisfaction with our platform by delivering reliable software quickly.
This position reports directly to the Manager, DevOps and is a remote or work from home position.
How you'll make a difference:
- Develop and continually improve product release automation for applications spanning multiple datacenters and public cloud environments, including customer-facing Production Environments
- Build and maintain the continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines for Accruent’s enterprise software applications
- Investigate legacy systems to optimize automation and modernize workflows for critical business applications
- Drive enthusiasm and promote adoption of the principles and philosophy of the DevOps methodology across all engineering and operations teams
- Partner with software architects and developers to create standards and best practices for automation and deployment that save the organization time and money
- Enable application and deployment monitoring automation to detect and correct issues, bottlenecks, and performance problems
- Participate in requirement gathering sessions with various teams to understand and solve common roadblocks
What you bring to the table:
- 1-2 years of hands-on administration experience for SaaS software and databases, or equivalent experience in software development
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with development operations and release automation
- Solid analytical skills, experience solving practical issues, and engaging cross functional teams
- Ability to effectively communicate with business partners, management, vendors, and technical teams.
- Experience with Deployment Tools (Octopus, Capistrano, Code Deploy)
- Experience with Continuous Integration Tools (Azure DevOps, Team City, Jenkins, etc)
- Experience with industry-standard Cloud Platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with Git and Source Code Management
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language (Python, BASH, PowerShell)
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
At Accruent (a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation), we strive to be on the cutting edge of the software world, providing purpose-built intelligent solutions that raise customer expectations, shift paradigms and transform the way businesses operate and achieve success.
We aim to provide the same transformational growth for our 1,000+ employees which includes a vibrant office culture in major cities like Austin and Amsterdam – and 10,000 customers in more than 150 countries – we know you’ll gain new experiences along the way. In our continued effort to help our teams Grow Without Limits, we provide all employees with the resources, coaching and support they need to reach new heights and experience true professional and personal development – and we do this because we believe it will help us grow as a global company in return.
Every person can bring something incredible to the table, and we can always achieve more together. So, if you are courageous, adaptable, collaborative and interested in becoming the best you, we encourage you to join us for the ride – even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience to fill a particular role.
Explore the path. Join Accruent.
Fortive’s essential technology makes the world stronger, safer, and smarter. We accelerate transformation across a broad range of applications including environmental, health and safety compliance, industrial condition monitoring, next-generation product design, and healthcare safety solutions.
We are a global industrial technology innovator with a startup spirit. Our forward-looking companies lead the way in software-powered workflow solutions, data-driven intelligence, AI-powered automation, and other disruptive technologies. We’re a force for progress, working alongside our customers and partners to solve challenges on a global scale, from workplace safety in the most demanding conditions to groundbreaking sustainability solutions.
We are a diverse team 17,000 strong, united by a dynamic, inclusive culture and energized by limitless learning and growth. We use the proven Fortive Business System (FBS) to accelerate our positive impact.
At Fortive, we believe in you. We believe in your potential—your ability to learn, grow, and make a difference. At Fortive, we believe in us. We believe in the power of people working together to solve problems no one could solve alone. At Fortive, we believe in growth. We’re honest about what’s working and what isn’t, and we never stop improving and innovating.
Fortive: For you, for us, for growth.
Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. Fortive and all Fortive Companies are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should ask to speak with a Human Resources representative to request an accommodation.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided