Join SADA India as a DevOps Engineer!
As a Sr DevOps Engineer on the Site Reliability Engineering team at SADA, you will reduce customer anxiety of running production workloads in the cloud by implementing and iteratively improving observability and reliability. You will have the opportunity to engage with our customers in a meaningful way by defining, measuring, and improving key business metrics; eliminating toil through automation; inspecting code, design, implementation, and operational procedures; enabling experimentation by helping create a culture of ownership; and winning customer trust through education, skill sharing, and implementing recommendations. Your efforts will accelerate our customers’ cloud adoption journey and we will be with them through the transformation of their applications, infrastructure, and internal processes. You will be part of a new social contract between customers and service providers that demands shared responsibility and accountability: our partnership with our customers will ensure we are working towards a common goal and share a common fate.
This is primarily a customer-facing role. You will also work closely with SADA’s Customer Experience team to execute on their recommendations to our customers, and with Professional Services on large projects that require PMO support. The success of the SRE team will be evaluated by our ability to measure the value of modernization.
Pathway to Success
#MakeThemRave is at the foundation of all our engineering. Our motivation is to provide customers with an exceptional experience in migrating, developing, modernizing, and operationalizing their systems in Google Cloud Platform.
Your success starts by positively impacting the direction of a fast-growing practice with vision and passion. You will be measured bi-yearly by the breadth, magnitude, and quality of your contributions, your ability to estimate accurately, customer feedback at the close of projects, how well you collaborate with your peers, and the consultative polish you bring to customer interactions.
As you continue to execute successfully, we will build a customized development plan together that leads you through the engineering or management growth tracks.
Required Travel - 10% travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events.
Customer Facing - You will interact with customers on a regular basis, sometimes daily, other times weekly/bi-weekly. Common touchpoints occur when qualifying potential opportunities, at project kickoff, throughout the engagement as progress is communicated, and at project close. You can expect to interact with a range of customer stakeholders, including engineers, technical project managers, and executives.
Onboarding/Training - The first several weeks of onboarding are dedicated to learning and will encompass learning materials/assignments and compliance training, as well as meetings with relevant individuals. Details of the timeline are shared closer to the start date.
On Call Rotation - You will be part of an on call rotation.
- Google Cloud Architect Certified or able to complete within the first 45 days of employment.
- 6+ years of DevOps engineering experience
- General purpose programming language proficiency, e.g. Java, Python, Go
- Experience designing, building, and operating large-scale, cloud native production systems
- Exposure to full stack development and agile delivery methodologies
- Proficiency with code repository management, code merge, quality checks, continuous integration, and automated deployment/management utilizing techniques like blue/green and canary
- Expertise with Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management tools
- Exposure to a variety of open-source databases, both relational and NoSQL
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or equivalent Linux administration skillset
- Experience with software containers and related technologies
- Experience with system monitoring and analytics platforms
- Experience with centralized logging platforms
- Debugging complex problems across an entire stack and creating solid solutions
- Writing, updating, and using documentation and runbooks
- Example technologies: Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Slack, Git, Docker, Kubernetes (k8s), Google Anthos, MySQL, PostgreSQL, mongoDB, JFrog, GitLab, GitHub Actions, Argo, JenkinsX, CircleCI, Bamboo, Spinnaker, Tekton, Terraform, TFLint, Packer, Vagrant, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Couler, Rundeck, OpenStack, SaltStack, Rancher, Helm, Gradle, xMatters, kube-bench, kube-hunter, trivy, Clair, ScoutSuite, Hashicorp Vault, NGINX, Traefik, HAProxy
- Understanding of Chaos Engineering
- Understanding of PCI, SOC2, and HIPAA compliance standards
- Understanding of principle of least privilege and security best practices
- Understanding of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided