Have you ever wondered how those outdoor screens manage to deliver advertisements that seem to speak directly to your likes and interests? It’s called digital out of home advertising and it’s usually enabled by programmatic technology. That’s exactly what we do. Hivestack revolutionized the future of our industry by building our unique full stack ad tech platform.
On the buy side, marketers use Hivestack’s Demand Side Platform (DSP) to create measurable campaigns that activate DOOH screens in real time based on consumer behavior and audience movement patterns. On the sell side, DOOH media owners use Hivestack’s Supply Side Platform (SSP) & Ad Server and Header Bidder to manage inventory and drive revenue.
The key to our success has been our amazing pink-loving global team. We don’t like to rest on traditional workplace models, we are flexible to change and we aren’t afraid to stand out and champion new ideas. Sounds interesting? Come join us and make a real impact on digital screens around the world.
About this opportunity
We are looking for talented Devops to work on the Hivestack platform. The Hivestack Platform consists of a Supply Side Platform (SSP), Demand Side Platform (DSP) and an ad exchange.
You will be working on one or more of these products as part of an agile team.
How You’ll Make an Impact
As a Devops, you will be working on our microservice base platform. Most of our platform is in Python today, though new services that need low latency are currently being implemented in Golang. The development lifecycle is already automated through a CI/CD pipeline for almost all projects. Our deployment lifecycle is currently spread across 7 self-contained environments across the world including 2 in mainland China.
We expect you to work on any infrastructure needs that may arise in, but not limited to, AWS. We need someone that will be able to support the development activities and help automate further our existing and new processes. Finally, we are looking for someone that will be able to dive into any production issues with the rest of the team and quickly identify the culprit with the existing performance monitoring solutions we have in place and identify areas that lack adequate monitoring.
We want someone who will take ownership of the infrastructure and will be accountable for its performance, reliability and scalability.
As an early member of the DevOps and Infrastructure team, you will have a lot of potential to lead projects and will be able to influence the growth of the team. You will also be included in the hiring process for new members of the team and will be required to help coach newer team members. Finally, you are expected to act as a change agent among the different development teams to foster adoption of new processes and technical solutions to better our code quality, reliability and performance.
As all other team members, we expect from you to participate in all aspects of the development process, requirements gathering, research, development, testing, monitoring and troubleshooting.
How will you spend your time
- Develop new features: 20%
- Refactor existing features to reduce tech-debt or increase performance: 30%
- Collaborate with developers and product manager in requirements gathering: 20%
- Research solutions: 20%
- Review other developers pull-requests: 5%
- Troubleshoot production issues: 5%
What is our technology stack
- Back-End: Python 3.8 and 3.9 using aiohttp. Golang 1.15 using gin
- Test Frameworks: behave & Cypress
- Databases: Mysql, Postgresql (PostGIS), Redis, DynamoDB, Redshift
- Devops: AWS, Terraform Cloud, Ansible, CircleCI
- Cloud: AWS, Fargate, Lambdas, Docker, S3, Kinesis Firehose
Want to know more about our techstack, have a look at this link: https://stackshare.io/hivestack/hivestack
What do you need to perform in this job
- You have 6+ years of experience managing cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred) and designing features for scalability first
- You have extensive experience with IaC using Terraform and configuration management using Ansible
- You have knowledge of Networks, Database, Storage, Management Systems, services frameworks, cloud technologies
- You have experience working with monitoring systems like Datadog, CloudWatch and Sentry
- You have experience in scripting or programming languages such as Python, Go, Shell
- You have knowledge and experience of implementing security best practices
- You have experience with relational databases and SQL
- You have some experience designing APIs and working with microservices
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, technical degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- You are fluent English (written and spoken) - any other language is an asset
What We’ll Bring to the Table/What’s in it for you
Our success is defined by our ability to create strong, long-lasting human relationships. We value different perspectives because they’ve shaped some of our best ideas. Join us in the pink revolution!
- An opportunity to grow with a dynamic global company, personally and professionally
- Small collaborative teams where you can directly impact both product and culture
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation packages, health and wellness benefits including:
- Healthcare package
- Virtual healthcare platform
- Annual wellness allowance
- Learning and development platform
- RRSP matching
- Flexible Fridays
- 3 personal days
- Unlimited sick days
- Hybrid/ remote work
- Additional Work from home perks
- Coronavirus notice : Hivestack puts people first, that’s why we are actively working to ensure candidates and employee safety. All hiring and on-boarding processes will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Our core values reflect the essence of who we are and how we work towards a common goal. Our core values are:
- People First - We are a business that cares. We care about our partners. We care about each other.
- Embrace the fast lane - As a group we are motivated by our ability to think and act quickly under all circumstances.
- Move as one - Our team of excellent achievers is a reflection of the faith and belief we all have in each other.
- Innovation over comfort - Innovate through experimentation and take calculated risks often.
Interested in learning more about Hivestack? Check out our website here.
Feel this is the right opportunity for you? We would love to hear from you. Please apply here.
Hivestack is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Hivestack is a proud equal opportunity employer.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided