Our mission is to improve the lives of injured and disabled workers and enable them to return to the workforce, saving billions of dollars in avoidable costs and lost productivity to the US and global economies and make insurance more affordable for everyone.
- An ambitious DevOps guru who will be in the driver’s seat as we build out the backbone of our core infrastructure.
- You thrive on fast, secure, consistent deployments and want to be in the lead thanks to your high degree of ownership and control.
- Scalability and reliability are hardwired into your DNA.
- You love defining the standards for a consistent software development life cycle.
- You’re supercharged by reducing friction in the engineering experience, making a fast impact, and having interesting, unsolved problems continually present themselves.
You'll be actively impacting people's lives in dramatic ways in concert with our top AI team. Your direct colleagues will be the founding team who built this platform from the first line of code including Georg (Google AI), Karan (Bloomberg), Tom (Google AI), Arun (Facebook), and an array of other industry veterans who left top tech leaders for the greenfield opportunity at EvolutionIQ. You’ll be the one who enables our machine learning team, data engineers, and applications team to do their jobs efficiently and fast by building platforms that harness vast amounts of complex, highly proprietary data that EvolutionIQ already has access to but that no one else has worked with before. And you’ll be an indispensable idea-generator as we march toward our goal of reducing cloud costs by 40%.
In this Role You Will:
- Ensure full observability of the cloud environment – making it auditable and alertable so that nothing happens in Google Cloud Platform without the core DevOps team knowing about it
- Stand up new infrastructure in AWS
- Drive consistency across all teams
- Enable the data engineering team to use Dagster efficiently
- Setup all of our Data, Machine Learning, and Web App infrastructure as terraform code for ease of new customer setup
- Enforce that everyone in our GCP environment is on approved devices
- Ensure that out of the box dev (VM+ laptop) has max setup time of 4 hours
- Isolate the Staging and Production environments so that Production can only be accessed when absolutely necessary
- Introduce new DevOps best practices to our engineers and apply them to increase our client impact
- Continue to grow and learn in the DevOps space with a focus on business problems that use large-scale structured and unstructured datasets
- 7+ years of DevOps experience
- Extensive experience designing and running production systems on GCP
- Ability to duplicate our GCP infrastructure in AWS so that we can deliver our core product to customers regardless of their prefered environment
- Deep exposure and familiarity to networking concepts, Kubernetes clusters, Docker, containerized development, Terraform, Helm, Dagster (DE), VertexAI (ML), and ArgoCD
- Experience integrating with Splunk and security software, such as vulnerability scanners
- Experience configuring general office productivity suites (Google Workspace, Office365)
- Experience managing a laptop fleet
- You know the critical questions to ask in order to understand a client’s business problem and can show the business impact of your technical solutions
- Team player who is solutions-oriented
- You have crisp written and verbal communication skills
Even Better if You Have:
- MacBook experience with Jamf, Kandji
- Hold yourself to high standards ensuring timely delivery of our CI/CD pipeline
- Exude our ambitious, collaborative, and empathetic values
- A self-starter mindset with an eagerness to solve previously unsolved problems.
- The ability to effectively correspond between technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent collaboration skills and are open to giving and receiving critical feedback across teams.
Us: We're the leading AI Guidance Platform company in the insurance industry today, working with some of the largest insurance companies in the US and expanding globally. We are growing incredibly fast, having started just 3 years ago. We excel at converting pilots to production deployments and we have a unicorn path ahead at a time when the market is battering other tech firms. Our technology has already helped tens of thousands of people and is helping more every single day.
The Fit: We’re a team of architects and visionaries who thrive on being first. We’ve created a fun, passionate, humorous, friendly, and fiercely-driven engineering culture that values delivery and personal impact above everything else. We welcome Evolutioneers from all around the globe and we sponsor H1-B Visas.
Benefits & Perks:
- Work/Life Balance – Work from home / work from NYC (whether you’re local to NYC or visiting us on a company-paid trip); we offer generous PTO, sick leave, and weekly wellness time; and you can join us at off-site company trips (we have taken everyone to Jackson Hole and Puerto Rico in past years)
- Well-Being – Full medical, dental, vision, short- & long-term disability, 401k matching with 100% of the employee contribution up to 3% and 50% of the next 2%
- Home & Family – Flexible 100% paid parental leave (4 months for primary caregivers and 3 months for secondary caregivers); for new parents returning to work we offer a flexible schedule; and we also offer sleep training to help you and your family navigate life schedules with a newborn
- Office Life – Catered lunches, happy hours, and pet-friendly office space; $500 for your in home office setup and $200/ year for upgrades every year after your initial setup
- Growth & Training –$1,000/year for each employee for professional development so you can have the ability to grow as we do.
Join Us if you want to win big, play hard, and be the engineer who makes a difference in the tech world, inside EvolutionIQ, for our clients, and in the lives of the sick and injured people our software is helping every day.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided