We are a company on a mission to breathe life back into the buyer’s journey and help people fall back in love with the brands that make them thrive.
At PriceSpider, we help brands from around the world make the shopping experience more human. And what is more human than shopping for our necessities and luxuries. The beauty of commerce is opening ourselves up to something new.
At PriceSpider we’re always looking for the best talent, to serve the best brands on the planet, no matter where you hail from, what background you have, or how you identify, you have a home at PriceSpider. No extra legs needed...talent required.
When you choose to work at PriceSpider — just like the brands, retailers, and shoppers we serve — we all stand together as one. 350 employees working from four countries serving brands across the globe toward one inclusive goal.
We are looking for a seasoned and impactful Lead DevOps Engineer to join our rapidly growing global organization within the Global DevOps and SRE team. The DevOps team is responsible for our multi-cloud infrastructure running on AWS, GCP, and Azure encompassing the following tech stack:
- AWS (EKS, ECS, RDS, CloudFront, Lambda, DynamoDB)
- CICD – Github, Github Actions, Gitlab, Jenkins, ArgoCD, SonarQube, Selenium
- SRE – DataDog, LogicMonitor, Site 24x7, ELK, Zabbix, Prometheus, Grafana
- Configuration Management – Ansible, ansible tower
- Infrastructure as Code - Terraform
- Data Tier – MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Aurora, BigQuery/Looker, Data Lake, MongoDB, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Kafka.
Reporting to the DevOps Manager, you are expected to be an impactful partner and contributor providing guidance and to lead the collaborative effort in our DevOps and Cloud transformation journey. You will lead a team of DevOps Engineers in the NA and be responsible for setting consistent DevOps best practices, governance and architecture across the suite of services offered, including but not limited to: CICD pipeline, observability, security posturing, cloud cost governance, container orchestration and automation.
You will be responsible for creating and driving the technical vision across the technology platforms and collaborate with other Engineering Leads and Managers. In order to be successful, this person should have previous experience leading and mentoring DevOps engineers in a startup environment and a proven track record with building sustainable DevOps tools and standard operating procedures.
What will you be doing:
- Build, Lead and Mentor the Global DevOps team in support of SDLC tooling, onprem infrastructure and public cloud services (AWS, GCP and Azure)
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to ensure DevOps best practices are leveraged as we roll out new features and expand our platform offerings.
- Build and execute roadmap items as agreed on with Senior Leadership
- You will promote, document, and implement infrastructure and deployment best practices, building and utilizing tools that allow the team to develop and deploy software for our clients to use.
- Own the design of our Cloud Native infrastructure running on AWS, GCP, and other cloud vendors as appropriate
- Identify and implement automation for repetitive tasks and requests.
- Collaborate with other technical leads to integrate a design that's well documented.
- Work with global teams of engineers, growing their knowledge and skill set.
- Perform cost review of existing cloud resources; assess opportunities for reducing costs or infrastructure footprint while keep existing SLA
- Drive initiatives for upgrading and scaling our systems to enhance capacity, feature set, availability, reliability, and performance.
- Migrate onprem infrastructure to the cloud
- Provide operational support for all environments, including participating in a rotating On-Call schedule.
- 8+ years of experience in DevOps/SRE/SysOps relevant role
- 2-3 years of experience in a technical leadership role for DevOps engineers
- Strong experience working in cloud-based infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- Expert hands-on experience with Container Orchestration, performance, and tuning with Docker and Kubernetes in a multi-cloud production environment
- Expert in designing and applying security and compliance best practices into all facets of a global cloud infrastructure. Including EC2, VPC's, Container Orchestration, RDS, ElastiCache, S3, and more.
- Expert ability to write scripts in an administrative language (Bash, Python, and Golang)
- Detective-level troubleshooting using observability tools such as Prometheus, Thanos, Grafana, Loki, etc in complex cloud based environments.
- Experience with Linux (Installation, Configuration, Tuning).
- Experience with: IaC (ie. Terraform), Docker, Kubernetes/EKS, Secrets Management, Git (ie: Gitlab, Github, Github Actions), and all things AWS
- Experience with distributed applications (Elasticsearch, Kafka, Cassandra, MongoDB).
- Knowledge of web-based technologies, including but not limited to, proxy and reverse proxy servers, SSL configuration, DNS, Web Servers, Load Balancing (e.g. Nginx)
- Good understanding of networking concepts.
- Strong bias for action and strong decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to learn fast and be adaptable to environments and change.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and be diplomatic across all teams
- Must be capable of self-managing. Prioritization and time management are an absolute must for yourself and the team that you are leading
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally, work seamlessly with both Engineers and Non-engineering organizations
- Comfortable in a high speed, rapidly growing global environment
- Ownership: Diving and taking ownership of projects, then driving them to completion in a methodical, organized, independent manner. All the while communicating plans and progress effectively.
- Shipping: Delivering projects quickly but with high quality and documentation. It's not done when it’s deployed, documented, monitored, and measured.
- Communication: You will be excellent at communicating technical topics concisely and practically, both verbally and in writing, in order to get buy-in from team members and move projects along effectively.
- Security: We hold sensitive customer data, so building secure infrastructure is of the utmost importance. Everyone across the company is expected to maintain a security mindset and governance.
- Organization: We value making sure things are well-organized and well-documented, whether it’s code or documentation.
- Collaboration: We bring the best out of each other. We're looking for people who will bring the best out of all of us.
PriceSpider encourages a healthy work-life balance and commitment to employee wellbeing. We are consistently evaluating areas to support and foster a community of engaged employees. PriceSpider is an international employer so some benefits offering will vary from country to country, however, below you can see employer sponsored contributions:
- Flexible work-from-home arrangements
- 401K Match
- Flexible vacation
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (US)
- Technical stipend
- Professional development programs
- Wellness programs
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided